Thermo Sash 3e Pet Door for Windows
You will not find better insulation and durability than with the Thermo Sash 3e with Endura Flap. The spring-loaded design fits windows of practically any width, and is perfect for a temporary no tools or even year round semi-permanent installation. This is by far the premier choice for window pet doors in the most extreme conditions, and we prove it by backing it with a 15 year warranty!
Features of our Thermo Sash 3e
- The Endura Flap featured with this door is one of the best engineered high performance pet doors ever made. Magnets on the bottom and up and down the length of both sides give it a superior seal, while allowing you to adjust them for training purposes.
- Dual pane LoE insulated glass pairs perfectly with the newer energy efficient windows and doors used in new construction and renovated homes.
- Four different flap choices have a high aspect ratio, meaning they are taller and narrower to better fit more pets.
- With a spring loaded adjustment panel it can be installed and removed in seconds without the use of any tools.
- It has adjustment ranges to fit window widths from 22’ - 43”, and if that doesn’t include yours we can even make it custom!
- We include a draft stopper and weather stripping for extra protection from the elements.
- The sturdy aluminum framing is available in White, Satin, or Bronze.
- It is designed, engineered and manufactured in the USA. Check out our detailed Efficiency Study and see what makes us the best!
Perfect Time for a Thermo Sash 3e
- Hands down the best sash window door on the market for severe situations, whether it’s wind, rain, snow, or heat.
- The adjustable magnet strengths makes training your pets much easier, so if you have smaller or slightly timid dogs and cats no need to worry.
- Temporary install makes it great for renters and vacation homes.
- The Thermo Sash is a pet door you can fully depend on, with the flap lasting years even with constant use.
- The flap sizes of this doggy or cat door can accommodate multiple pets, from small to large and any sharing in between.
Thermo Sash 3e Installation Video
Q: What 3 things do I have to know/measure when choosing a pet door for sash window?
A: Track width, Height you can raise the window, How wide the window is from left to right.
Q: What makes the Thermo Sash better than the more economy style sash window doors?
A: The Thermo Sash IIIe has the Endura Flap which is superior to other more flexible vinyl models. It provides great insulation value, has dual pane, low e glass and sturdy aluminum framing. Therefore, the Thermo Sash will be a much more reliable and longer lasting option then the more inexpensive options.
Q: How wide does the track have to be for the Thermo Sash 3e to fit?
A: Track width needs to be at least 1" for the Thermo Sash 3e to fit.
Q: On the Thermo Sash 3e which options are considered custom and non-returnable?
A: All extra large as well as all 22"-25" adjustment range purchases are final sales, no returns.
Q: Can I switch the side the pet door is on with the Thermo Sash 3e? How?
A: Yes you can switch the side the pet door is on. You can start by removing the screws on the top and bottom, then sliding the flap assembly out. Once it is removed you simply flip it upside down and slide it right back in. Next you put the screws back in, tighten them all down and you’re finished.
Q: Can you make a Thermo Sash smaller than the 22" adjustment?
A: Not generally if you want glass in it. What you can do is trim down the spring loaded piece on the side, to give you an extra ¾” of compression so that you can get it down to 21-¼”. If this is still not enough then give us a call with your dimensions because we might be able to build one for you that only uses metal and not glass. This may not seem as nice aesthetically, but it will get the job done and you’ll be very happy with the Endura flap choice.
Q: Do I need tools to install the Thermo Sash?
A: No, there are no tools required to install the Thermo Sash, but just like with the Hale you can drill in a screw above the sliding window for security.
Q: How high do I have to raise my window in order to get the Extra Large flap size for a Thermo Sash 3e?
A: To get the extra large flap size, you will want to raise the window height by 30 1/2". Taking this measurement before placing the order is very important. The last thing you want to do is order a flap dimension that is too large and will not fit, meaning that you have to pay for all the return shipping fees. If it is a custom size, then it would be non-returnable.
Q: I ordered the 22" - 25" range for my Thermo Sash, but my window is actually 25.5". Is there anything I can do to make it work?
A: You can use an extension (3/4") with the anti-whoops feature, and this can help to extend your window if it's a little short. You could also slide a piece of wood into this groove to achieve the same effect.
Q: Is the Thermo Sash adjustable in height? How would I adjust it?
A: The sashes in general are not adjustable in height. They do adjust in width though! This is indicated by the “adjustment range”.