- Manual lockable cat door made with durable materials and brush weather stripping to withstand extreme winter climates
- Four-way locking system allows you more control over your cat's access to and from the house through this Cat Mate door
- Suitable for wood, plastic, metal doors or panels 0-2" thick
- Transparent flap is optimal for cat's visibility
- Simple solution for active indoor-outdoor cats
Cat Mate 4 Way Locking Cat Flap - 358 Manual Rotary
This durable locking cat door is designed to combat harsh weather conditions. The cat door flap is made from sturdy polymer and lined with weatherproof brush stripping to ensure high-quality insulation, and a magnet sits at the bottom to keep the flap shut after use. It can be used as a cat door for an interior door but is designed with exterior doors in mind.
The door features a manual four-way rotary lock that gives you the option to keep the door completely locked or unlocked, as well as in only or out only. Simply turn the dial on the bottom left of the door frame when needed. This can allow the Cat Mate cat door to operate as a one-way cat door, for instance. Each of the four locking choices has a small picture to display its function.
|Flap Model||Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Stock No.|
|358 Rotary 4 Way Locking Cat Flap||Cat Flap||6" w x 6" h||6 1/2 " w x 7 1/2" h||03AM358 W|
Is this an electronic door?
No, the Cat Mate Elite 4 Way Locking door has only a manual rotary dial that you have to turn to lock it.
3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Cat Mate / Dog Mate / Ani Mate guarantees your purchase for a period of three years from the date of original purchase against any defect arising due to faulty materials or manufacture. Accordingly any defective item will be repaired free of charge or replaced at the manufacturers option provided that the defect has not been caused by neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear and proof of purchase date is supplied. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Prior to starting the installation:
Make sure that the bottom of the template is level with your pet’s stomach. You can place it lower if you would like. If you choose to place it lower, make sure that it is not too low that it compromises the structural soundness of the door/panel or forces your pet to stoop when in use.
1. Take the exterior frame (the one without the flap) and place it on the material where you are installing the pet door.
2. Trace around the outside of the tunnel part of the frame. This will be your cut-out line.
3. Make sure that the line for the rough cut-out is level. If the hole is not cut correctly, the flap will not open and close properly once installed. Use a jigsaw to make your cut exactly 1/16” of an inch outside the line you drew in step 1.
4. Dry fit the frames in the hole and ensure that the pet door is swinging properly. Then follow the recommended instructions for your door or material thickness.
For thin panels 1/8” - ¾” in thickness:
a) Put the outside frame used to make the cut out back on the door, and make a mark for each of the four screw positions clearly with a pencil.
b) Take the frame off and drill out the holes ¼” in diameter. Again, make sure that they are all square and level.
c) If the door is less than 5/8” thick, trim down the liner from the exterior frame with a hacksaw or plastic cutting disk.
d) Put the weather seal on the outside frame. It fits in the very small channel that lines the frame. Attach that frame to the outside of the door and screw the interior frame onto it from the inside.
e) Once in place and functioning correctly, tap on the screw covers.
For doors or panels is ¾” - 2” in thickness:
a) Drill out the 4 holes in the interior frame (the one with the rotary dial 4-way lock mechanism) with a 3/16” drill.
b) Make sure that they are all square and level.
c) Put the weather seal on the outside frame. It fits in the very small channel that lines the frame. Attach that frame to the outside of the door using ½” screws.
d) Attach the inside frame to the interior of the door using 3/4” screws.
e) Once in place and after checking the flap is functioning correctly tap on the screw covers.