Endura Flap Thermo Panel 3e Patio Panel Pet Door
The Thermo Panel 3e features one of the best flaps on the market today, the Endura Flap. Its unrivaled insulation value will save you money on your heat/AC bills. Combine that with the safety of a 15 year warranty you won’t have to question its durability, we made it to last forever! The Thermo Panel 3e doesn‘t require a single tool to install, yet is safely secure once in place due to its spring-loaded design.
Features of the Thermo Panel 3e
- Dual-pane, Low-E glass insulates and filters out heat for energy efficiency.
- Flap material is a polyolefin-based polymer which is safe for your dogs, cats and the environment. Unlike others flaps it remains flexible in temperatures as low as -40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Simple design allows you to easily install and remove your panel as necessary; simply loosen the thumbscrews at the top to release the spring-loaded mechanism and tighten once in place!
- This panel will not mate with an existing sliding door lock so we include either a C-Clamp Lock for adjustment ranges up to 80 1/4", or a Foot Lock for panels 80 1/4" and above. You could also use the old "broomstick in the track" method or a Charley Bar.
- Choose from four different sizes that have a high aspect ratio, meaning they are taller and narrower to better fit more pets.
- User-adjustable step-over feature allows you to set the height of the flap to best suit your pet. Solid magnet strips along the sides and magnets at the bottom of the flap keep your pet door sealed year round. Magnets are adjustable to make training easier.
- UV and wind resistant, the Endura Flap has been designed to remain sealed in winds up to 50 mph.
- Heavy duty aluminum frame provides extreme strength and durability, designed for sliding glass door tracks at least 1” thick.
- Durable and secure locking cover to close your pet door when necessary; equivalent to 1/16” steel.
- Three height ranges to fit most sliding glass doors, and if your slider doesn’t fall within these ranges we can custom build one for you!
- 90 day return policy, and a generous 15 year warranty for your peace of mind.
Perfect Time for a Thermo Panel 3e
- If insulation is a concern, the Thermo Panel 3e is the most insulated pet door available for sliding glass doors. Perfect for extreme weather conditions, whether it be sun, snow, wind or rain.
- You find yourself replacing flaps constantly, as the Endura Flap often only needs replacing if a dog decides to take a bite out of it! It rotates on a rod at the top to eliminate any stress points that might tear over time.
- If you have multiple dogs sharing a pet door, the taller design of the Endura Flap can help you accommodate the height of the larger dog while keeping the flap low enough for the shorter dog to step through.
Most sliding glass doors will accommodate the three panel sizes we offer. But if our standard panels do not match your door size, we can build a custom Thermal Panel 3e for you. We can also custom make a panel for a miniature sliding glass door, provided the window track width is at least one inch.
The panels have a 3-inch spring-loaded height adjustment, so if you request a 40-inch panel, the panel you receive will adjust from 38 to 41 inches.
|Custom Height Minimum & Maximum Heights|
|Extra Large #12||46"||123"|
* Review these points when considering to purchase a pet door.
* Study a comparison chart.
* For patio panel FAQs, click here.
Q: Can an intruder remove the Endura Flap dog door for slider from the outside?
A: No, the thumb screws are on the inside of the panel, so once installed, the Endura Flap Panel cannot be lifted out and removed without first loosening the thumb screws from inside the home.
Q: What locking mechanism can I use for the Thermo Panel 3e?
A: For track adjustment ranges 80.25" and below, you'll install the included clamp lock. For 80.25" and above, you can install the foot lock. Alternatively, you can purchase a Charley Bar for added security.
Q: Does the Endura Flap dog door sliding door come with locking covers for security?
A: Yes, these dog doors come with locking covers to ensure safety for your pet and home. Endura Flaps have locking covers that slide over them on the side facing inside your home and are made of sturdy, heavy duty ABS plastic. Unfortunately, they cannot be used on the outside of Endura Flap Panels as an alternative. We do sell extra locking covers in the case that the one included with your doggy door is misplaced!
Q: Do the Endura Flap panels require tools for installation?
A: Endura Flap sliding glass dog doors under 80 ¼” do not require tools, however everything above this height generally will require some tools for installation. What we call a sectional panel will be shipped in two pieces because it is so tall. Breaking the pet door for sliding door down saves the customers on shipping costs, because we are able to ship in a smaller package. The sectionals will need to be assembled with 4 hex screws and a hex wrench, all of which are provided.
Q: Under which height for a Endura Flap sliding dog door would it need to be custom?
A: If your height measurement is less than 74 3/4" then you would need to order a custom dog door sliding glass.
Q: At which height over 74 3/4" would a sliding door dog door insert need to be custom?
A: 80 ¼” is the maximum height of the more standard sizes. Anything between 80 ¼” - 93 1/4”, would need to be a custom order. Furthermore, there is a tall height range, and anything above the maximum of the tall height range which is 96 ¼” will need to be custom ordered.
Q: What is the tallest non-custom height available for a Endura Flap Panel?
A: The tallest non-custom height range available is 93 1/4"-96 1/4".
Q: What is the absolute minimum and absolute maximum custom heights for Endura Flap Panels, including all flap sizes?
A: The absolute minimum and absolute maximum sizes are as follows:
Model Minimum Maximum
Small #6 35" 100"
Medium #8 42" 107"
Large #10 48" 117"
Extra Large #12 46" 123"
A: The Thermo and Quick Panels are identical except the Quick Panels have heavy duty single pane glass while the Thermo Panels have dual pane, low 'E' glass. For this reason, the Quick Panel is a better fit for more moderate climates or where a lighter weight panel is desired and the Thermo panel is more suitable for four season use.
Q: How long is the warranty for my Endura Flap Panel Door?
A: The warranty for the Endura Flap assembly is for a period of 15 years and the warranty for the rest of the assembly (the panel) is for 10 years and excludes glass breakage. The warranty for assemblies employed in commercial kennels are warranted for 3 years.
A: The Thermo Panel 3e is more appropriate for extreme weather because of the dual pane, low 'E' glass.
Q: What is the anti-whoops feature that is included in all Endura Flap Panel Doors?
A: The anti-whoops feature is included in all Endura Flap doggie door for sliding door dog doors. If you've mismeasured, you may be able to salvage the situation: To make your sliding glass door with dog door about 1" taller, you may purchase a height extension (or make your own using 1" x lumber). To make your sliding glass pet door insert slightly shorter you may trim the top flanges that accept the height extension with a hacksaw or a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade.
Q: What does the Draft Stopper do for my sliding panel door?
A: Also known as the 'Center Post Weather Strip', it seals the gap created between stationary and sliding glass doors when a panel doggy door is installed. These are essential for an airtight seal and in fact some customers use one inside and one outside in extreme climates. We included it in all Thermo Panel 3e, Quick Panel 3 and Thermo Panel 3e Microchip sliding glass pet doors for sliding glass doors, but you can use our draft stopper with any panel pet door.
A: Generally, we recommend that if you do not have a specific reason to get an electronic sliding pet door then you should get a regular manual one. There is less that could go wrong as far a possible malfunctioning. However, if you've got a stray cat problem or a raccoon problem, you'll need an electronic patio panel which would keep all unwanted animals out. Another aspect to think about is if your dog or cat is infirm or very old, one of the motorized panels that allows them in and out freely without them needing to push a flap might be the ticket to a comfortable and easy process for your pet.
Q: Can the Endura Flap Panel come with an electric door?
A: We have the Thermo Panel 2e Microchip Patio Panel that incorporates the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door into our dual pane glass panel. This is suitable for large cats and small dogs, as the flap dimension is 7” x 7” and works off your pets embedded microchip. If your pet does not yet have the chip then it comes with an RFID collar key that can be used.