The Pet Door Guys: Pet Door In the Glass
The best way to install a pet door through your existing sliding glass door frame is by replacing the glass with a Pet Door Guys unit! The new glass will have a pet door installed at the bottom, and you’ll be able to use your sliding glass door like normal. A glass professional will be needed to come measure your current glass and later swap it out for the new glass that has the pet door. The pet door that is used is the energy efficient Endura Flap, which is an insulating, flexible flap perfect for extreme weather. The flap system is extremely durable and carries a 15 year warranty.
How to Order
- First, check that one of the installation options is suitable for you. They are:
Review How to Measure Your Pet to choose the appropriate size opening for your pet. The unit will have a minimum 3 3/4" step-over height in addition to your existing frame, so be sure to take that into account!Engage a local glass shop willing to do the measuring and installation. The glass shop installer disassembles your sliding glass door (a very easy job), takes width, height and thickness measurements then re-installs your glass slider. He completes his portion of the Order Form.Read our Detailed Information Page to get more specific information about how this works. Be sure to share this information with the local glass shop. If the installer has questions have them contact us directly and we can answer any specific questions they may have.Purchase the product. Your total for merchandise, shipping and any sales tax will be shown. Charges from your local glass shop are not included, so you would pay your installer separately.Once we receive your order, we'll send you an email with a form that asks for the measurements of your glass.We then arrange with the factory to custom-build a new piece of glass with the pet door in the lower corner that you specify. We have that unit shipped to your glass shop.
- 2 Panel Slider: Installation in either side of the inside track panel. When using the center-post side, it's important to ensure that the screen will not interfere with the action of the pet door flap.
- 3 Panel Slider: Installation may be in either side of inside track slider or jamb side of 3rd panel. The same concern applies to the screen as above.
- 4 Panel Slider: Installation may be on either side of either inside track panel
At your convenience the glass shop installer returns to your home, uninstalls your glass panel and replaces it with the new panel containing the pet door.
You are responsible for payment to the glass shop for the measurement and install. We will charge you only for the pet door. In our experience, the cost for these two service calls will likely be between $120 and $200 but you may want to establish this cost in advance.
More Important Info
- Click here for more information about LoE glass.
- The vinyl framing is available in white or beige and that's what you're choosing in the drop down product select. The pet door framing comes only in white.
- Because this is a custom order all sales are final.
- Glass that is 34" x 76" or smaller is considered "standard" size.
- Glass that is larger than 34" x 76" is considered "oversize".
- You can get an approximation of your actual glass size right now by measuring the "daylight" dimension (just what you can see) and adding 3/4" in both dimensions. This is NOT accurate enough to order the product.
- Allow about 3-4 weeks plus transit time for delivery.
What is an "In the Glass" Pet Door?
Pet Door Guys
products offer Endura Flap™ exclusively. Here's why -
Design of the Endura Flap