- Additional step-over height for the Pet Doors Guys “In the Glass” Dog Door
- Measurement and installation require a professional glazier
- Item only available in the lower 48 United States
- This is a custom product all orders are final, no returns
The “In the Glass” Pet Door from the Pet Doors Guys is a durable, custom-made pet door that replaces a glass pane in your sliding patio door. It’s more secure than a pet door insert pan and has a higher insulation value. Plus, the "In the Glass" model has a sleek design that doesn't inhibit the view through the glass. This door has a seamless installation that is as aesthetically pleasing as it is well-engineered. The “In the Glass” Pet Door has a custom design. The default step-over height of the pet door is 3 3/4" plus your frame height, but if you need a higher step-over height, you can add it here.
There are two custom step-over heights available:
1. Additional 2”
2. Additional 4”
Note: You need to purchase the “In the Glass” Pet Door and the additional step-over in the same order.
Step 1: Prior to purchasing your In the Glass Endura Flap® Pet Door, determine which pane of glass you would like to install the pet door unit in. Next, hire a glazier to measure the width, height, and thickness of the existing pane that the custom-made pane will replace.
Note: It is crucial that these dimensions are accurate, as all of the panes are custom-made and non-returnable. Ask your glazier to determine if you have tinted, Low-E, or clear glass. They should review the detailed information page for more specific instructions.
Step 2: Based on the pane measurements from your glazier, select either Standard (34 x 76 or less) or Oversize (anything larger than 34 x 76) Glass Type for your custom-pane. If it is the Standard Glass Type, the product can be shipped directly to your house. If it is Oversize, it must be shipped to your local glass company or another non-residential business address. Next, select flap size (reference this measurement guide), frame color, clear or Low-E, and step over height.
Exact pane dimensions are not yet entered in one of the dropdowns when you are choosing options on the website. Once you place your order, we'll email you an order form to provide the exact measurements from your glazier (explained in the next step).
As soon as your order is completed, you will receive an email with an order form where you will fill out your custom dimensions and the side of the door in which you want the dog flap installed. You can request to center the pet door positioning for an additional charge.
Step 3: Once your order is complete, you will receive an email with an order form to fill out your custom dimensions and the side of the door in which you want the pet door opening. You can request to have the pet door centered (rather than left or right) for an additional charge.
When selecting a pet door location, choose the placement based on viewing from the outside-looking-in.
Fill out the form and send it back to email@example.com. Your order will be on hold until we receive this information. See our full set of instructions for technical installation specifics. Please note that this door may take 3-4 weeks to build, as it is custom-made. Allow transit time for delivery.
Step 4: Once the door has arrived, schedule to have the glazier who took the initial measurements to come back for installation. They will remove the original pane and install the new In the Glass dog door into the sliding glass door frame.
Note: Building will take three to four weeks, as it is custom-made. Allow transit time for delivery as well. You will receive a tracking update once ships so you can schedule installations properly.
Pet Door Guys Limited Warranty
guarantees it will repair or replace any Pet Door Guys product which is found to be defective in material or workmanship and will pay the costs of repair or replacement to the original owner for a period of 10 years. Insulated glass is warranted for life against seal failure. The Endura Flap has a lifetime warranty.
This warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- This guarantee is offered only to the original owners of single family homes who purchase a Pet Door Guys product in the United States. It is not transferable and terminates upon sale of the home and does not apply to re-installation at a second location.
- The warranty does not extend to commercial applications.
- Pet Door Guys is not responsible for glass breakage, failure due to misuse, applied tints or films, any customer alterations to the product including painting, improper installation or acts of nature including fire, flood or earthquake. Pet Door Guys is not responsible for natural weathering of exterior finishes or corrosion in highly corrosive environments.
- Pet Door Guys is not responsible for incidental or consequential damage beyond our control. Pet door openings imply some risk. No guarantee is offered or implied regarding suitability or security against intrusion or unwanted entry or exit.
Pet Door Guys: 1-855-380-8246
Endura Flap: 1-800-826-2871