- Easy install and removal with spring adjustments, no tools required
- Adjustable widths to fit most sash windows (vertical sliding windows)
- Plastic Pet Door is great for cats and small dogs
- Includes press fit Locking Door Cover for pet
- Aluminum frame and plastic pet door are durable and corrosion resistant
PetSafe Vertical Window Pet Door
You can finally relax from letting your pet in and out of the house; this product takes care of that. There are no tools needed for installation, so forget about spending money on contractors. It's easy to install, yet durable, and no matter what the weather is like, your home stays comfortable.
- Flexible vinyl flap is easy for all small pets to share
- Single pane tempered glass
- Spring-loaded design allows for installation and removal in seconds. No tools required
- Built-In Anti-Whoops allows for 3/4" change in adjustment range to allow for small measuring errors
- Adjustment Ranges accommodate windows 21 1/2" - 24 7/8", 24 1/2" - 27 7/8", 27 1/2" - 30 7/8", and 33 1/2" - 36 7/8" wide. Be sure your track width is at least 1"
- Closing cover snaps on to control access in and out.
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Height to Raise Window||Stock No|
|Small||5 1/8" x 8 1/4"||15"||07PPC22|
Pet door has 1" framing, measure your track width to make sure that your window will accomodate the sash.
What do I need to know/measure before I order?
First raise up your window and check that it can go up far enough to be left with an opening 15" high. Next measure the width of the track from left to right, including going inside the track on both sides. Last measure how wide the track is that the window slides in (needs to be at least 1")
How wide does the track have to be for the PetSafe Sash to fit?
Track width needs to be at least 1" thick.
Can I choose what side the door is on?
It comes standard on the left, if you are looking from the inside of the house. You can switch it by taking out the pet door (needs a screwdriver) and flipping it upside-down.
Is this easy to install?
This is designed to be a fairly simple install that does not require any tools. Take a look at the video under the installation tab to see if it something you would be able to do.
Will this door be good for more extreme weather?
The pet door has flexible flap with a magnet on the bottom to help hold is shut. The glass is single pane for moderate insulation value, that said this is recommended for more mild climates or if you a simply on a fixed budget.
My cat is having a hard time opening the flap is there something I can do that would make it easier?
You can by removing the flap, although you would have a big open hole.
What if I mis-measured?
If you've mismeasured, you may be able to fix it. To make your sash cat door about 3/4" wider, you may purchase a width extension (or make your own using 1" x lumber). To make your window kitty door insert slightly shorter you may trim the side flanges on the spring loaded adjustment piece with a hacksaw or a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade.
What does custom mean?
Any of the doors that are labeled as custom mean it is non-returnable.
Can I get a custom height?
We can only do custom widths, not custom heights.
How to Measure Your Sash Window for a Pet Door
Whiskers and Windows Warranty
1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
the manufacturer guarantees your purchase for a period of one year from the date of original purchase against any defect arising due to faulty materials or manufacture. Accordingly any defective item will be repaired free of charge or replaced at the manufacturers option provided that the defect has not been caused by neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear and proof of purchase date is supplied. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Installing the PetSafe Sash
1. Open your window
2. Place the PetSafe Vertical Window Pet Door into the track of your sash window
3. Release the spring mechanism by loosening the thumb screw
4. Tighten the thumbscrews once the pet door has expanded the full width of the window
Adjusting the Pet Door for your Window
Due to the fact that there are many types of windows, you may need to modify your installation using shims or similar materials. If there is a gap, you can use the shims to even out the pet door. A foam weather stripping can also be used around the edges for add insulation.
Removing Your PetSafe Vertical Window Pet Door
You will first need to loosen the thumbscrews, you may first need to lift the pet door up to loosen the bottom screw. Then compress the window pet door and tighten the thumbscrews once again for easy removal.