- Cost-effective pet door insert for horizontal vinyl windows
- Spring-loaded panel adjustment for quick, tool-free installation in most vinyl window sizes
- Energy-efficient, two-piece flap design keeps pet door opening sealed
- Option of a single or double flap depending on insulation needs
- Flexible, lightweight flap is easy for both dogs and cats to use
The Dragon Vinyl Window Pet Door is a cost-effective panel insert for horizontal vinyl-framed windows. Available in two height adjustment ranges, the panel with a built-in pet door fits most vinyl windows. The flexible, translucent Dragon flap is easy for pets of all sizes to use, perfect for pets sharing the door. The window panel installs with a simple spring-loaded adjustment method, allowing you to quickly take it in and out of your window track—no drilling or cutting required. There are other installation types for the Dragon Pet Door. Already have a Dragon pet door? See which replacement flap fits your door.
- Sturdy vinyl frame fits comfortably in your window track
- Flexible polyolefin elastomer flap is easy for pets of all sizes to use, option of a double flap for improved insualtion
- Two-piece flap design covers the entire pet door opening for improved sealing
- UV-resistant additives in the pet door flap and frame protect against weather damage
- Single-pane, tempered glass optimal for moderate climates
- Spring-loaded panel installs tool-free into the window track Adjustable height ranges to fit most vinyl sliding windows
- Magnets keep the flap sealed when not in use
- Includes a locking cover to block access when needed
- Vinyl panel matches your existing frame for the perfect fit and streamlined look
- Lightweight flap and frame, easy for pets of all sizes to use
- Low-impact, tool-free installation—no drilling or cutting required
|Flap Size||Flap Dimensions||Step Over||Overall Panel Width||Recommended Pet Height*||Stock No|
|Small||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||Coming soon!||01DF-A10SS|
|Medium||7.0" x 13.1"||4.4"||14.6"||12" - 16"||01DF-A20MM|
|Large||9.4" x 16.6"||4.4"||Coming soon!||12" - 19"||01DF-A30LL|
*measured from the ground to the tallest point of their back.
Don't know which size to get? Here is a measurement guide to help you out.
Wondering how to measure your track? Review our Track Measuring Guide.
Your Track Height Adjustment range is based on the measurement of your door height from the lowest point of your track to the highest point. Each Dragon patio panel has a 3" adjustment range with your window track height approximately in the middle. The following adjustment ranges are available:
- Short (Size F): 34" – 37"
- Regular (Size J): 46" – 49"
CAUTION: If your measured track height is near the bottom of the adjustment range then you should review A Note of Caution.
How do I lock my window pet door insert?
The spring-loaded pressure system will secure the panel in place in your window track. However, if you want a semi-permanent installation, you can toenail a screw to the side of the Dragon window panel to secure it in place. For further security, you can install a Charley Bar.
Is the flap easy for pets to use?
Yes, the Dragon flap is very flexible and lightweight, so it's easy for pets to use. It's a great option if you have dogs and cats sharing.
What's the difference between single and double flap?
The double flap will be more insulating than the single flap. Keep in mind that this door is intended for more moderate climates
Can I start with a single flap and upgrade to double later?
Yes, since the flaps are installed on the outside of the frame, you can easily add a second Dragon Flap later for improved insulation.
Is the flap see-through?
The flap is translucent. It has a slight tint but you can still see through it.
Do you need tools to install the dragon pet door for vinyl windows?
You do not. The spring-loaded design allows for tool-free installation. To install, you'll insert the panel into your window track, loosen the screws at the top, raise the panel up into the top of the window track, then tighten the screws. The only exception to this would be if you are adding screws for additional security.
What's the difference between the single flap and the double flap?
The double flap option provides increased insulation against the cold. Both options have magnets on the flap to keep the door sealed in wind.
I want to get the large pet door for my dog, but I am concerned about a person fitting through it.
All Dragon Pet Doors come with a locking cover. This cover can be used to keep you doggy in. It also can be used to keep intruders from entering your home. It slides into the interior frame.
How do I know what size is best for my dog?
When installing the pet door you want it to clear the top of your dog's back by 1-2 inches, minimum. To give your pet the most comfortable pet door possible, make sure the step-over is less than 1/3 of your dog's height. Lastly you want the width of the door to be big enough to allow your pet to go through without touching the sides. Here's a guide on how to measure your pet with tips on how to determine the correct size.
Are replacement flaps available?
Yes, you can buy Dragon replacement flaps.
Where can I install the Dragon Pet Door?
The Dragon Pet Door has multiple Installation options. You can install it in Regular Doors, as a Wall mount, Aluminum Sliding Doors, Vinyl Sliding Doors, Sash Windows, Vinyl Windows, and Horizontal Windows.
Can my small and large dog share this pet door?
Yes, but make sure to follow standard Measuring Guidelines. Make sure the size of the door is based off your tallest pet, but installed low enough for your smallest pet.