Thermo Panel 2e with SureFlap Microchip Pet Door
We have paired the best patio pet panel with the best electronic pet door on the market, the Sureflap Microchip 'Pet Door'. This design is able to accommodate the largest cats and smaller dogs and employs the newest microchip sensing technology so the pet doesn’t need to wear a collar at all to use the pet door! Only programmed pets will be able to access your home, though any animals will be able to exit. Once the SureFlap is installed, the panel will require no tools to install and remove from your sliding glass door!
Features of the Thermo Panel 2e
- Uses the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door which has a raccoon mode that makes it very difficult for unwanted animals to enter.
- Can be used with the vet implanted microchip or a collar key (1 collar key included).
- Flap is 7” x 7”, making it great for even the biggest cats and small dogs.
- The SureFlap has a 4-way locking control and a timer function that allows you to set a curfew for your pets.
- Easy to program and is compatible with all identification microchips worldwide and SureFlap RFID collar tags.
- The SureFlap Microchip Pet Door runs on 4 C Batteries. Typical battery life is 6 months, depending on usage, and there is a low battery indicator light.
- This panel will not mate with an existing sliding door lock so we include either a C-Clamp Lock for adjustment ranges up to 80 1/4", or a Foot Lock for panels 80 1/4" and above. You could also use the old "broomstick in the track" method or a Charley Bar.
- Easily install and remove your panel whenever you need; just loosen the screws at the top to release the spring-loaded mechanism and tighten back down once in place!
- Dual-pane, low 'e' glass provides great thermal performance.
- Heavy aluminum frame is designed to fit sliding glass door tracks at least 1” thick.
- Built in ‘anti-whoops’ accommodates measuring errors up to ¾”. Three height ranges to fit most sliding glass doors. Don’t see your height? We can custom build one for you!
- 90 day return policy, and a 3 year warranty for your peace of mind.
Perfect Time for a Thermo Panel 2e
- If insulation is a concern, and you need a very raccoon resistant pet door for your sliding glass door this pet door will meet your requirements.
- Perfect for cats that are constantly losing their collars, since it reads their embedded microchip used for identification.
- Curfew mode allows you to only provide access during set times of the day.
Installing the Sureflap Microchip Pet Door in a door
This is the same method you will use to install the Sureflap into your Thermo Panel except you will not need to cut a hole so it is much easier!
Thermo Panel Installation
Just ignore the Endura Flap part! The panel is the same, it just will have the Sureflap instead of the Endura Flap installed.
Q: What locking mechanism can I use for the Thermo Panel 2e?
A: For track adjustment ranges 80.25" and below, you'll install the included clamp lock. For 80.25" and above, you can install the foot lock. Alternatively, you can purchase a Charley Bar for added security.
Q: What kind of microchips will work?
A: All microchips from North America will work with this pet door. If your are not sure or if your pet needs a microchip, consult your veterinarian.
Q: What if my sliding glass door does not fall in these dimensions?
A: There is a custom option you can whoose when entering your track height adjustment range.
Q: Will the flap open automatically when my pet approaches?
A: No the flap will just unlock, your pet still needs to push the flap open to use the pet door.
Q: How do I lock my sliding glass door with this panel in?
A: Since the existing lock of your sliding glass door will no longer work, a lock you can install in your frame will be included. .For track adjustment ranges 80.25" and below, you'll install the included clamp lock. For 80.25" and above, you can install the foot lock. Alternatively, you can purchase a Charley Bar for added security.
Q: Does this have a timer?
A: Yes. This has a 'Curfew Mode" that can be set to have the pet door lock/unlock during certain times of the day.
Q: How long does the battery last? Is there an AC adapter?
A: The batter typically lasts between 6 -12 months depending on usage. There is currently no AC adapter available.
Q: Can I use this in my vinyl sliding glass doors?
A: Yes if the track is at least 1"" thick.
Q: Can other animals with microchips open this door?
A: No, only the microchips or collar keys recognized with the door will be able to use this pet door. It would be very difficult for other animals to pry the door open.
Q: Will this work on extreme weather conditions?
A: Since the electronics are pretty sensitive, we do not recommend directly exposing the pet door to the weather.
Q: How many different pets can use this door?
A: Up to 32 different pets.