- Automatic pet door for sliding glass doors
- Aluminum-framed Thermo Panel does not require tools for installation
- Door opens automatically, eliminating the need for pets to push through flaps
- Includes one waterproof, ultrasonic MS-5 collar key
- Available in sizes medium and large
This patio panel insert combines the extremely energy efficient Thermo Panel with the High Tech Automatic Power Pet Door, making it the only automatic dog door for sliding glass doors on the market. The electronic sliding glass dog door lifts when your pet is in front of it, eliminating the need for them to use physical force to push through the flap. The combination of an insulating panel and inaudible, high-frequency sound sensing technology ensures that the needs of both pet and owner are met.
- 3 options available for powering the electronic pet door:
- Outlet: comes with a UL-approved AC adaptor. Plug the adaptor into a nearby wall outlet for continuous operation. The pet door accepts the plug-in on either side.
- Outlet with Battery Backup: option of purchasing a rechargeable battery for use along with your AC adaptor. In the case that the electricity fails, the door will automatically switch over to battery operation. When power is restored, the AC adaptor will automatically recharge the battery.
- Fully Battery Operation: If an AC outlet isn't located nearby, you can operate the door on battery only. Please note that you will need to recharge the battery periodically. For this type of operation, the battery charger kit and spare battery is recommended.
- Spring-loaded panel does not require any tools for installation.
- Dual-pane, Low-E glass panel includes a draft stopper, weather stripping, and C-camp.
- Track height adjustment ranges:
- 75" - 80 1/4"
- 92 7/8" - 96" (additional cost)
- Comes in sizes medium and large to accommodate both dogs and cats.
- MS-5 ultrasonic collar key triggers the door to slide open when the pet is in front of the door.
- Descends only after your pet has gone completely through the pet door.
- If your pet happens to be standing in the opening when it is lifted, the default safety system will automatically enable you to ensure that it does not close on your pet.
- Automatic deadbolt locking system activates as soon as the door is completely shut, preventing raccoons and unwanted critters from accessing your home.
- Dual sensors can be separately programmed for distance for each pet.
- Includes the option of enabling a 4-way locking system (in/out only or completely locked/unlocked) for additional control over your pet's access to and from the door.
- One waterproof MS-5 collar key included. Additional collar keys are available.
- The collar keys can be programmed to work at a range from 1 ft to 10 ft from the door (inside and outside distance can be adjusted independently). Just push the SENSORS button then turn the RANGE knob to the desired range.
- Energy-efficient thermo panel ensures that your home stays insulated year-round.
- Larger sizes allow pets of differing sizes to share the pet door.
- Full access for pets with a collar, keeping stray animals out.
- Resists rough weather, close to airtight flap.
- Timid pets are suitable for this door because they do not have to use physical force to get through the pet door.
- Wall outlet adaptor operation option ensures that you do not have to worry about battery life.
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Overall Width||Step Over Height||Recommended|
|Medium||8 1/4" w x 10" h||14.69"||3 3/4" - 5 3/4"||15" or 17"*||01HT02|
|Large||12 1/4" w x 16" h||18.94"||5 3/4"||20 3/4" or 22 3/4"*||01HT03|
* With 5 3/4" stepover
Don't know which flap size to get? Here is a measurement guide to help you out
Caution If your measured track height is near the bottom of the adjustment range then you should review A Note of Caution.
What locking mechanism can I use for the High Tech Power Pet patio panel?
The door comes with a pin lock you can install. Alternatively, you can purchase a Charley Bar for security on a patio door insert.
If my dog takes too long coming through the door, will it continue to close and injure them?
No, the door has a built in safety feature that retracts the door if it senses an obstacle to closing. The power pet electronic pet door also has a 4-way access control sensing system.
How big is the collar?
The dog collar weighs less than one ounce, and measures approximately 1 inch by 1 inch by 1/2 inch.
Does the door have a timer feature to set when my pet can use the door?
No. You can buy a timer at a local store, plug it into the wall and then plug the pet door cord into the timer.
How long do the batteries in the collar typically last?
Depending upon use, approximately 3 months. There is a button you can push on the transmitter which you can push and a red light will shine. The brighter the light, the stronger the batteries.
What happens if the electricity goes out and my dog is outside?
Your dog will be locked outside. A Battery Backup, with an optional rechargeable battery, can be purchased separately and is recommended if you live in an area with frequent power outages.
I have more than one dog. How many collars ship with the door and are others available?
The new pet door ships with one collar and additional collars are available for purchase.
Does anyone have concerns with intruders breaking in?
The panel moves up and down and does in sealed grooves for a tight closure. This design makes it extremely difficult for an intruder to kick it out. An automatic dead-bolt locking feature adds a higher level of security to your home. The result is a secure pet door against intruders.
I don't want to install this in my sliding glass door. What other options do I have?
What kind of battery do I need to use in the door if I do not want to wire it up to electricity?
Full Battery Operation is available if a wall plug is not available. You will need to recharge the battery periodically (recharge interval varies with use) and it is recommended to have the optional battery charger kit and a spare back-up battery.
I want to let my dog out and keep my cat in. Is this door a good option?
This electronic dog door for sliding glass door installations will open and close when it senses your dog's collar. If the dog is extra large and the cat is small, they could easily follow them out. Even though your cat is not wearing a collar, there is a bit of a lead time so it may follow your dog through the door. The door has a 4-way locking mechanism and smartkey sensing technology (both in and out, in- only, out-only, and closed).
Can you still slide the door for humans when it's installed?
Yes you can, the electric pet door panel just takes up some space from your normal walkway. Refer to the overall width of the panel to determine the space it will take up.
Do you have a bigger electronic dog door for sliding doors?
The high tech power pet patio door is the only automatic dog door for sliding glass door installation, and the largest size is 12" x 16", suitable for dogs 21" at the shoulders.
Is this electronic dog door large enough for a great dane?
Giant dog doors are only available in the manual pet door models like the Hale. The electronic dog door for sliding glass options are pretty limited so many times customers will have to find an alternate installation spot.
High Tech Power Pet Door Demo
How to Measure Your Sliding Glass Door for a Pet Door
High Tech Pet Products Warranty
All of our products carry a full one year warranty.
If your product fails to operate at any time, for any reason, within one year of the original delivery date we will repair or replace it at our expense, no questions asked. If it doesn't work, send it back, get another one. It's that quick and easy.
A Few Simple Rules:
Your product must be returned to High Tech Pet Products and must be clean and free of pet hair, dust and dander. Items that are dirty or containing pet hair and requiring cleaning will be subject to a charge equal to 25% of the original purchase price. We will ship the repaired or replaced product back to you via FedEx ground or USPS priority mail, at our expense however, you are responsible for the cost of shipping the defective product to us. In no case will High Tech Pet Products arrange or pay for the shipping of the defective product from your location to ours. Should you request the product to be sent out via air service, we will be happy to accommodate your request however, you will be required to pay the entire cost of the expedited service. ALL products, including pet doors, must be returned to us before we send out a replacement unit. We must receive and examine the defective unit before the repaired or replaced unit is shipped out to you. There are no exceptions to this policy.. When returning a product for repair or replacement, you must allow at least 1 – 2 weeks for replacement plus shipping time each way. In some cases, especially for special order items, the replacement time may be longer.
Automatic Doggie Door for Sliding Glass Doors Installation Instructions
Step 1: Insert the glass panel onto the sliding glass door track.
Step 2: Release the spring loaded top with the two thumb screws. It will automatically adjust itself to the height of your door.
Step 3: Push the panel against the inner wall and tighten the thumb screws.
Step 4: Clean the edge of the power pet door with rubbing alcohol to ensure that the adhesive sticks properly. Carefully peel and apply the weather stripping along the edge of the of the power pet door to provide a seal between it and the sliding glass door.
Step 5: Clean the back of your sliding glass door with rubbing alcohol to ensure that the adhesive sticks properly. Apply the draft stopper to the back of your sliding glass door.