- Kitty door for walls from 2" - 10" (standard) or 2" - 16" (custom)
- 4 different colors to choose from for interior and exterior aluminum frames
- Option of single or double flap depending on your insulation needs
- Clear, flexible flaps are easy to use for both bold and timid cats
- Adjustable magnets and fuzzy, nylon weather stripping line the flap for improved insulation
The Hale Cat Door for Walls is a sleek, aluminum-framed door with a clear cat flap. Not only does this cat tunnel for walls meet all the needs of your pet, it also keeps your home insulated and draft-free. With the choice of a single or double flap, you can choose the insulation level you need according to your climate. It is designed to accommodate cats small and large, with sizes available in small and small-medium. Your pets will find this Hale doggie door product easy to use because of the clear cat door, which allows them to see through the flap prior to exiting.
- Clear cat door with single or double vinyl flaps. The double is recommended for areas with severe climates.
- Magnets on the flap ensure that the flap stays sealed. Magnet strength is adjustable.
- Flap is lined with fuzzy, nylon weather stripping to resist drafts and keep your home insulated.
- Extruded aluminum outer frame available in 4 colors: White, Arizona Beige, Bronze & Brushed Aluminum.
- Mix and match with the custom interior/exterior frame colors for an additional cost to accurately match your home.
- We are currently taking custom orders over the phone. Please call 1-800-826-2871 to place a custom order
- Wall tunnel is pre-assembled and attached to the inner frame. Trim to fit the wall thickness of your home.
- Standard wall thickness range: 2" - 10"
- Custom wall thickness range: 2" - 16"
- Choose from which side you prefer the locking cover to load (left side, right side, or top) for ease of use.
- Cover is shock/impact-resistant and includes a steel pin lock.
- Stain, mold, and mildew resistant carpet included to cover the inner walls and bottom of the tunnel.
- Outer frame features a rain cap that hooks to the top edge of the outside frame and helps protect against water intrusion (if choosing secondary exterior security cover and rain cap, you must choose a side loading security cover)
- Clear, flexible cat flaps are easy to use and see-through
- Small-medium size benefits heftier cats
- Best pet door for weather-resistant flaps are insulating ones that keep your home at a constant temperature
|Size||Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Outside Frame Dimensions||Flap Type|
|Small||5 1/2" w x 7 1/2" h||7 3/8" w x 9 3/8" h||8 3/8" w x 10 3/8" h||Single|
|Small Medium||6 1/2" w x 9 1/2" h||8 1/2" w x 11 1/2" h||9 9/16" w x 12 9/16" h||Single|
After you make the basic pet door choices--flap size, single vs double flap and frame color--you will have an opportunity to make other product selections by contacting customer service at (800) 826-2871. These include:
- Locking Cover Load Direction (to accommodate obstructions)
- Extended Tunnel Length (for thicker walls)
- Separate Inside Frame Color Choice (to match the inside of your home)
- Hale Pet Door™ wall model (includes inner frame with attached tunnel and outer frame)
- Olefin nylon carpet
- King Starboard® Security Cover
- Raincap included but use is optional
- 5⁄8” #6 Phillips Head Screws
- 7⁄64” drill bit
TOOLS REQUIRED (varies depending on the type of wall into which you are installing the pet door)
- Drop cloths
- Circular saw with wood or masonry blade
- Drywall saw
- Electric drill
- 5⁄16” masonry bit
- 24” level
- Blue masking tape
- Caulk gun
- Tin snips
- Stud finder
- Tape measure
- Reciprocating saw
Step 1: Double check to make sure you have the correct door size for your pet. The top of the flap should be positioned at least one inch above their shoulder.
Step 2: Check your package to be sure the kit is complete.
Step 3: Find your installation location. Depending on which direction your locking cover loads, check for obstructions. Try placing the pet door between studs if you are installing in a framed wall.
Step 4: Lay down any cloth or cardboard on both sides of the wall for a quick and easy cleanup once you have finished the install.
Step 5: Depending on your wall’s rough cut, trace the stencil on the inside wall with a pencil. Make sure the stencil is level.
Please Note: You can cut a small hole in the center of the drawn rough cut to check for any obstructions.
Step 6: Proceed with the cut-out of the wall by drilling completely through the outer wall.
Step 7: Drill out two holes diagonal from one another, with enough to room to fit a reciprocating blade through.
Step 8: Use the saw to cut out the rough opening along the marked lines.
Step 9: Place the inside frame with the tunnel attached through the cut-out. On the exterior side, make sure the tunnel is tight against the wall. Then, mark the tunnel with a pencil along the outside wall.
Step 10: Remove the frame and tunnel. Cut the tunnel along the pencil mark in order to make the tunnel the correct depth for your wall.
Step 11: Caulk the flashing (the thin piece of aluminum with 3 flanges). Apply two beads on the bottom from the rear, then another on the bottom and sides from the front.
Step 12: The bottom pre-drilled holes of the exterior frame should be sitting above the “bottom front” bead of caulk when installed.
Step 13: Place the flashing into the bottom of the wall opening. The flashing will have two side flanges.
Step 14: Insert the frame and tunnel back into your opening. Again, pull the tunnel against the wall from the outside.
Step 15: To tighten the flashing to the tunnel, drill two holes through the bottom of the tunnel, evenly spaced from the inside of the exterior frame. Insert the provided screws.
Step 16: Use a caulking sealer between the outside frame wall on the top and both sides.
CAUTION: DO NOT CAULK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OUTSIDE FRAME.
Step 17: Measure the width and length of your tunnel to apply the carpet. Push the carpet against the bottom of the tunnel. Use a caulk gun to apply adhesive to the sides and bottom of the tunnel and secure the carpet.
Step 18: Slide your locking cover in place once the pet door is dry.
How does this lock?
A locking cover that you can slide in is included with a pet door. There will also be a pin lock to ensure that the locking cover cannot be removed from the outside.
What does "Load from the Top" mean?
This is the way that you slide in your locking cover. If you are placing a pet door in an area where there may not be enough space above to slide in a locking cover, you can choose a left or right locking cover loading direction instead.
Is this easy to install?
This depends on how handy you are. More information on the installation process can be found under the 'Installation Instructions' tab. If you are not sure if you are handy enough we recommend hiring a pro to install the hale wall door.
If I have a single flap pet door, will the flap be on the outside or the inside?
It will be on the outside.
Are replacement flaps available?
Yes, we have Hale pet door replacement flaps.
Can my large dog and cat both use this pet door?
Yes but we would recommend purchasing a larger size to accommodate the height of your largest dog but still installing it low enough so your cat can easily step over.
Is this easy to install?
This depends on how handy you are. More information on the installation process can be found under the 'Installation Instructions' tab.
Is this good for harsh weather?
Yes, the strategic magnet placement provides a perfect balance between easy to use and energy efficiency.
Can this be install in walls over 8'" thick?
Yes, the standard tunnel will frame from 2"-10", but a custom tunnel can be purchased for an additional cost to frame wall up to 16".
Is this easy for the cat to push?
Yes, the flaps are quite light and flexible making it easy and comfortable for the pet to use.
Hale Pet Door 5 Year Limited No Fault Warranty
All parts—including flaps—and labor.
Thank you for doing business with Hale Pet Door™. We are sure you will receive years of excellent service with your purchase. If the product does not meet your expectations, please contact our office for return authorization and return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund of the purchase price. Be sure to pack the product well as we can only give 50% credit for a damaged pet door.
HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. guarantees and warrants, subject to the conditions and restrictions stated below, that the Hale Pet Door™ products and component parts thereof, purchased from HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. shall be free from any defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty period for all Hale Pet Door™ model pet doors is effective from the date of purchase and extends to the anniversary date marking the end of the fifth year. We agree to exchange or repair at our expense, F.O.B. our plant or warehouse any unit found to be defective in workmanship and/or material, subject to plant inspection. (See notes A and B below).
1st year – 100% of all parts and labor; 2nd year – 50% of all parts and labor; 3rd year – 40% of all parts and labor; 4th year – 30% of all parts and labor; 5th year – 20% of all parts and labor.
This warranty does not include shipping to HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. or any field service labor unless the product was installed by Hale Pet Door™.
A-Glass Breakage: We use fully tempered glass of the greatest quality and strength available for each application. It also meets or exceeds all safety glazing laws and codes in the United States. Even tempered glass will break on occasion, but it is very rare. When there is a breakage of glass for whatever reason, within the FIRST YEAR, we will replace the unit for 50% of the current total price. There is no warranty on the glass after the first year.
B-Parts Damaged by Misuse or Neglect: HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. will pay 20% of the cost of the current list price of parts and labor. No reimbursement shall be greater than the price of the replacement part.
C-Omni Oversize Panels: This application is not recommended. Therefore, we will only warranty 50% of the cost of the panel for the first year. However, the pet door itself is covered per our standard warranty.
HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. will credit 50% towards the cost of a replacement Hale Pet Door™ that was damaged due to mis-cutting, mismeasuring, or any other damage due to no fault of HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. will not accept any responsibility beyond 50% if the damage is due to no fault of HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. reserves the right to inspect any and all products before honoring any claim.