- App-controlled pet door with microchip technology (Hub must be purchased to work)
- Curfew mode available to keep pets inside during an allotted time frame
- Prevents raccoons, strays, and other unwanted animals from gaining access
- Installs in materials 0 - 2 3/4" thick
- 7 x 7 flap accommodates cats and small dogs
The SureFlap Microchip Connect Pet Door is the most innovative microchip pet door on the market for cats and small dogs. Paired with a Hub, the SureFlap pet door pet hub feature allows you to control various features of the pet door straight from the app on your phone, tablet, or PC, from any location. It utilizes reliable microchip sensing technology to ensure that no raccoons or other unwanted critters gain access to your home. With the technological advantages of this SureFlap Pet Door Connect, your pet's safety is optimized to the maximum.
Features of the SureFlap Connect App:
- Remotely lock or unlock the door at any time.
- Set a curfew mode and curfew times on your flap opening to keep your pets inside during a set time period, automatically locking and unlocking at a specified time.
- Monitor your pet's activity over time.
- Receive notifications when your pet uses the door.
- Share app access with friends or pet sitters.
Features of the Door:
- 7" x 7" clear, rigid flap accommodates cats and small dogs.
- Installs in 0 to 2 3/4" thick doors. For metal skin doors, security doors, metal garage doors, UPVC coated metal doors, and non-tempered glass, we recommend purchasing this mounting adapter to prevent interference. For wall installations, pre-made tunnel extenders are recommended or you can purchase a pet door and tunnel kit.
- Secure pet door scans your pet's embedded microchip when they enter the pet door from the outside. If your pet is not yet microchipped, you can use the included collar key until you make the trip to the vet.
- Programs up to 32 microchips/RFID collar keys. You can purchase additional RFID collar keys if necessary. One included.
- The battery-powered door uses 4 C batteries that last around 6 months.
- When batteries are low, an indicator light flashes every 5 seconds. Replace the batteries when this light is flashing. When the batteries die, the door defaults to the locked position, which could leave cats stuck outside.
- Includes a 4-way locking device (in or out only, or completely locked or unlocked) that will override the electronics when switched to the manual locking setting.
Custom Mode 5 is the raccoon mode, making the SureFlap Microchip Cat Flap Connect a raccoon-proof cat door. As soon as the sensors detect an animal’s head in the tunnel of the pet door, it scans to read the microchip. If the animal is not one whose chip has been programmed to trigger the door, the two locks on the exterior of the door are activated for added security. At this point, the unit will keep scanning for a microchip, and the exterior locks will remain engaged until approximately 10 seconds after the intruder animal has moved away from the door. When the exterior locks are engaged it makes it impossible for the raccoon to open the door towards them in order to get in. The interior locks prevent the raccoon or other stray animals from pushing through the microchip cat door into the house. The combination of the two sets of locks have proved impenetrable to raccoons in our product testing and will give you that peace of mind you've been looking for.
- Sure Petcare app SureFlap microchip cat flap controlled dog door makes this the easiest pet door to manage.
- SureFlap hub app features make working and traveling easier for pet owners.
- Raccoon proof cat door/small dog door.
- Ensures that your pet has the highest level of safety with curfew mode.
- If a pet happens to be outside when curfew is on and the door is locked, they can still get in with the pet's microchip sensing but other critters can’t.
- Microchip reader technology is great for pets who refuse to wear collars.
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Outside|
|Pet Door||7" x 7"||7 7/8"w x 8 13/16"h||10 1/4"w x 11" h|
The SureFlap Connect works with all identification microchips implanted by your vet and SureFlap RFID collar tags.
SureFlap™ Cat Door Guarantee
Guarantee: SureFlap™ microchip cat flaps carry a 3-year guarantee from the date of purchase, subject to proof of purchase date. The guarantee is restricted to any fault caused by defective materials, components or manufacture. This guarantee does not apply to products whose defect has been caused by normal wear and tear, misuse, neglect or intentional damage.
In the event of a part failure due to faulty parts or workmanship, the part will be replaced free of charge during the guarantee period only. At the manufacturer's discretion, a replacement product may be provided free of charge in the case of a more serious malfunction. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Disclaimer: The SureFlap™ microchip cat flap incorporates selective entry features which have been designed to minimize the risk of unwanted animals entering your home. However, it is not possible to fully guarantee the exclusion of all other animals in all circumstances.
In the rare event of an unwanted animal gaining access to your home, SureFlap cannot accept liability for any damage or inconvenience which may be incurred.
Warning: The motorized catch and manual lock are provided exclusively to prevent the entry of unwanted animals and is not a security device. SureFlap Ltd cannot accept liability for unintended use and the owner of the product accepts full responsibility for supervising the access in and out of the home that it provides.
In households with children, it is essential to include the cat flap in child-proofing considerations. Misuse of the cat flap by a child may result in the child coming into contact with potential dangers. For this reason, young children should be monitored at all times when in the immediate vicinity of the cat flap.
Caution: Prior to installation, it is the responsibility of the user to consult all building codes which may influence the fitting of the cat flap and assess the suitability of a given installation. The user must also consider potential hazards present inside or outside the cat flap as well as the impact that subsequent modifications to your property may have on the existence and use of your cat flap. It is recommended that these assessments are conducted in consultation with a construction professional.
Do not install SureFlap™ in a fire door as it will render the fire door unfit for purpose.
Installing the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door in a Door
Installing the SureFlap Door Through a Wall (tunnel kit sold separately)
Getting Started: Some pets will take longer than others to acclimate to their new door, so patience is key! Never push or shove your pet through the door (this will only develop negative feelings). Instead, follow these training tips + tricks to help introduce your pet to the door gradually.
Limit training sessions to no more than 10 minutes at a time. Two well spaced out sessions per day should be the maximum.
Hold the flap all the way open for your pet at first; then a little less each subsequent time so your pet learns to push through on their own. Stay consistent with verbal encouragement and treats for best results.
Teaching Your Cat to Use Their Door
Step One: Introduce your cat to the door by putting your hand through it so they know how it works. Have them inspect the new cat flap to get used to the look and smell (this is a great time to program your cat’s microchip!).
Tip: You can wipe your cat’s face or body with a cloth and wipe the door with the same cloth to give it a more familiar scent.
Step Two: Some cat doors make a slight clicking noise when opening and closing which can scare timid cats. Try manually opening and shutting the flap slowly to familiarize your cat with this noise.
Step Three: Get your kitty’s favorite treats or toy ready! Start by using a treat to encourage your cat through while holding the flap open for them. Once they are comfortable, start lowering the flap on them as they walk through for their treat.
Tip: Be sure to train your cat using the actual door height - meaning raise the door enough so it resembles how high it will be once installed.
Tip: If you have a door with non-removable magnets, putting some painter’s tape over the magnets can help decrease the magnet attraction strength temporarily for training purposes.
Step Four: Always make sure to reward your cat with praise (and maybe another treat) when they pass through the door. Remember: training can take a considerable amount of time. There is no standard practice as every cat is unique.
- For especially timid cats, temporarily tape it up out of the way while they get used to the idea of walking through the tunnel.
- Clear flaps may confuse pets as they might think the flap is a window. Try putting a piece of masking tape on the clear flap to distinguish it from a window and reinforce to your pet its use as a door.
- Magnetic and weighted flaps have additional weight which may be difficult for your pet to push through. Fix this problem by gently pushing the door to assist your pet as they go through or removing the magnet until your pet gets used to the full weight of the door on their own.
- If you plan on installing more than one pet door, use the same flap if possible for consistency.
- Electronic flaps make a small clicking noise when the flap is activated that may frighten timid pets. The best way to remedy this problem is to positively reinforce this sound in your pet’s mind.
- Praise your pet when they come near the door and hear the activation noise.
- If this does not work, disable the electronics with “training mode” and have your pet use the door manually for a week or so while getting acquainted with the door.
- Consistency is key! Stay consistent both in your training methods and your choice of pet doors. If you have multiple pets the first to learn will often demonstrate for the others!
- When your first lock the flap shut, introduce your pet slowly rather than letting them “learn the hard way” by running into it.
SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect
Locking and Unlocking the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door
Raccoon Testing the Sureflap! Don't Miss This Video
An Interview with the Inventor of the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Including Comparison with the Cat Flap Version
Are there any larger sizes for taller dogs?
Unfortunately, this is the largest microchip door size. For larger pets, they will have to wear a collar key.
What is 'raccoon mode'?
Raccoon mode is an additional security method. When it is activated, sensors will detect an animal's head in the tunnel and scan to read for a chip. If the animal does not have a chip programmed to the door, two locks are activated. These exterior locks are engaged until 10 seconds after the intruder leaves. These locks prevent a raccoon from pushing through the door into the house. Or pulling the door backward to get in.
Will this door open from the inside as well for a pet wearing a chip or collar key?
No. The SureFlap Pet Door will only read the signal from one direction, the outside. Any pet can leave, but access is controlled in terms of who can enter. For two way control, take a look at the SureFlap Dualscan.
How quickly does the flap close after my cat goes through?
The flap will close as soon as your pet's body is through the door. The flap will swing shut and lock via tabs, which takes a few seconds.
If my batteries die do I have to re-program the collar keys and microchips?
No, the chips and collar keys should still be programmed in the door's memory.
Can you say this is a totally raccoon proof cat door, like 100%?
There really isn't a door that can be said is 100%, because they could rip the door out all together to get in. Although that would take a pretty tough raccoon to do that.
If I buy more than one door, do my pets have to wear multiple collar keys or chips to use them all?
No, you can program one collar key or chip to multiple doors and your pet will still be able to use each door. Each door can program up to 32 different pets.
Is there a security cover for this door?
There is no security cover for this as the different entry modes prohibit unwanted intruders, locking the rigid flap. The tabs and weather stripping also keep the your home sealed from weather.
Can I lock this so my pets can't go outside even with a chip or collar key?
Yes there are different modes you can customize to restrict access. There is also a curfew mode, preventing a cat or dog to exit or entering during a time you set.
How do I know if my cat has a microchip?
Your vet should be able to identify whether your cat has a chip embedded, as well as letting you know if that microchip works with this door.
Will this tell me if my cat is inside or outside?
No, there is not function to let you know whether your pet is inside or outside.