- Microchip sash window cat door has double-sided sensing technology
- Great fit for homes with indoor-outdoor and indoor-only cats
- RFID cat door Keeps out raccoons, strays, and other unwanted critters
- Thermo Sash aluminum frame with dual pane glass optimizes insulation value
- Available in white or brown
The Thermo Sash 2e with the SureFlap DualScan Window Cat Flap is the only microchip cat door that controls who can enter as well as who can go out for a window track. Most electronic cat doors for windows only allow your cats full access inside, keeping neighborhood critters out. Combining two of the most renowned products on the pet door market, this dual scan electronic smartdoor provides supreme insulation, keeps raccoons out, and allows pet owners to program which cats are able to use the pet door. Not only will this alleviate any problems with pesky critters, it will ensure that the safety and freedom of indoor-outdoor and indoor-only cats in a multi-pet household are not compromised.
- Thermosash frame fits into window tracks with adjustment ranges from 22" - 43" wide and a minimum of 1" thick.
- Heavy duty aluminum framing and dual pane glass provides the utmost durability and insulation.
- 5 5/8" x 4 3/4" cat flap is made of clear, rigid acrylic to ensure that raccoons and other critters can't break through the flap.
- Programs up to 32 microchips/RFID collar keys.
- If your pet is not chipped or is waiting to be chipped, you can purchase an RFID collar key in lieu of the embedded microchip.
- Scans cat's implanted microchip or RFID collar key when they are in front of the pet door, and only unlocks for the pets that have been programmed.
- Features a safety mode to allow cats who got out on accident to get back in.
- Operates on 4 AA batteries that typically last around 6 months.
- When batteries are low, an indicator light flashes every 5 seconds. Replace the batteries when this light is flashing. When the batteries die, the door defaults to the locked position, which could leave pets stuck outside.
- 4-way locking device (in/out only or completely locked/unlocked) included in the case that you want to disengage the electronic technology and use the cat door manually.
- Available in white or brown.
- Microchip technology and locking system prevent raccoons from being able to pry open the door from the outside.
- Perfect fit for multi-pet homes with indoor-outdoor and indoor-only cats.
- Ensures cat safety within their own home.
- Option of purchasing an RFID collar key makes this door suitable for unchipped cats.
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Frame Height||Height to Raise Window|
|Cat Flap||5 3/4" w x 4 3/4" h||11 1/2"||12 1/2"|
- 21 3/4" - 25" Custom Order
- 24 3/4" - 28"
- 27 3/4" - 31"
- 30 3/4" - 34"
- 33 3/4" - 37"
- 36 3/4" - 40"
- 39 3/4" - 43"
Pet door has 1" framing, measure your track width to make sure that your window will accommodate the sash.
The SureFlap Pet Door works with all identification microchips supplied by your vet and SureFlap RFID collar tags.
Final Sales Adjustment Range 21 3/4" - 25" are final sales and cannot be returned. All Extra Large sizes are also custom and non-returnable.
Patio Pacific Warranty
Endura Flap products have a lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under standard regular use. Damage caused by not using the product as intended, improper installation, and chewing is not covered under this warranty.
SureFlap™ Cat Door Guarantee
Guarantee: SureFlap™ microchip cat flaps carry a 3-year guarantee from the date of purchase, subject to proof of purchase date. The guarantee is restricted to any fault caused by defective materials, components or manufacture. This guarantee does not apply to products whose defect has been caused by normal wear and tear, misuse, neglect or intentional damage.
In the event of a part failure due to faulty parts or workmanship, the part will be replaced free of charge during the guarantee period only. At the manufacturer's discretion, a replacement product may be provided free of charge in the case of a more serious malfunction. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Disclaimer: The SureFlap™ microchip cat flap incorporates selective entry features which have been designed to minimize the risk of unwanted animals entering your home. However, it is not possible to fully guarantee the exclusion of all other animals in all circumstances.
In the rare event of an unwanted animal gaining access to your home, SureFlap cannot accept liability for any damage or inconvenience which may be incurred.
Warning: The motorized catch and manual lock are provided exclusively to prevent the entry of unwanted animals and is not a security device. SureFlap Ltd cannot accept liability for unintended use and the owner of the product accepts full responsibility for supervising the access in and out of the home that it provides.
In households with children, it is essential to include the cat flap in child-proofing considerations. Misuse of the cat flap by a child may result in the child coming into contact with potential dangers. For this reason, young children should be monitored at all times when in the immediate vicinity of the cat flap.
Caution: Prior to installation, it is the responsibility of the user to consult all building codes which may influence the fitting of the cat flap and assess the suitability of a given installation. The user must also consider potential hazards present inside or outside the cat flap as well as the impact that subsequent modifications to your property may have on the existence and use of your cat flap. It is recommended that these assessments are conducted in consultation with a construction professional.
Do not install SureFlap™ in a fire door as it will render the fire door unfit for purpose.
Installation Instructions for the Thermo Sash 2e with DualScan Cat Flap
PARTS & TOOLS
1x Window pet door
1x Foam Weather Strip
1x Center Post Weather Seal Draft Stopper
Step 1: Loosen the thumb screws at the end of the sash. This allows the spring mechanism to move freely side to side.
Step 2: Insert the sash into the window track. Push against the spring mechanism and swing the opposite end into the opposite window track. Gently release. Tighten the thumbscrews.
If the pet door sits properly, remove the pet door to put on the foam weather-stripping in step 3.
Step 3: Apply the foam weather-stripping by peeling back the paper and exposing the adhesive. Unroll it along the edge of the panel, pressing to ensure it adheres. Install on both the top and the bottom. Trim to fit with scissors.
Step 4: Mount the draft stopper vinyl weather strip. This strip prevents air leaking between the window frame when raised to accommodate the sash. Trim to fit with scissors.
LOCKING YOUR WINDOW
For a permanent lock, install a wood screw in the track immediately above the window on both sides. You will no longer be able to raise the window.
For a temporary lock, place a removable wooden dowel or charley bar in either track above the window.
SWITCH SIDE OF FLAP
Remove the screws on the top and bottom closest to the edge of the pet door. Then slightly loosen the screws closest to the glass. Next, slide off the side piece, then the flap assembly. Rotate the flap assembly (essentially flipping it upside down) then slide it back in. Make sure the locking cover is on the same side as the thumb screws.Replace the end spacer and screws.
HEIGHT OF YOUR WINDOW
Make sure you place steps or ramps leading to your pet’s door at a height that works! When they go through the flap, the top of the flap should be at least 1” (2,5 cm) higher than the top of their back. Watch your pet and adjust as needed to keep them comfortable.
SUREFLAP MICROCHIP DOOR INSTALLATION
PARTS & TOOLS
1x Foam Weather Strip
1x Center Post Weather Seal Draft Stopper
1x Microchip pet/cat door
You will need to do a couple extra steps to install your SureFlap Microchip Pet Door, Cat Flap or DualScan through your panel. The SureFlap ships in a separate box, and before you open it you should first test to make sure your panel will work in your door or window. Follow steps 1 & 2 from the Panel Installation Instructions.
Remove your SureFlap from its box, and follow the directions included to program the pet door. You can then proceed with the instructions below!
Step 1: After testing the panel to make sure it works in your window or door, and testing that the SureFlap will work with your pets, you are ready to attach the pet door to the hole in the panel!
Step 2: Find the middle length screws in the SureFlap box. The Pet Door version uses 4 screws, while the Cat Flap and Dual Scan will only utilize 2 screws.
Thumbscrews should be on the same side as the controls of your SureFlap. Installing your SureFlap with the controls on the outside of your home will damage the pet door and void SureFlap’s warranty.
Step 3: The trim frame and screws will go on the ouside of the panel. Place the side with the locking controls on the inside of the panel. The controls will need to be on the same side as the thumbscrews. You can then follow the remaining instructions for either the vertical or horizontal panels.
OTHER INSTALLATION OPTIONS
You might choose to secure your pet door in your track with screws. This can be done by drilling screws at an angle in the top and bottom tracks. We recommend doing this from the outside to minimize damage to the sliding glass door frame. One-way screws will prevent tampering or removal of the panel from the outside.
Some stationary panels can be unfastened and moved over to one side so that you can install the pet door panel between the jamb and stationary panel. Avoid damaging your sliding glass door by checking that your door can move and that you can reinstall it properly before trying to uninstall the unit.
You will still lose space in your slider to move through, however you will be able to use your existing sliding door lock to secure your home. Installing your pet door this way is also great if you already have an alarm system in place. If your sliding glass door slides on the outside track, using an alternative lock might not be possible so this allows you to still lock your door.
For help with installation, replacement parts or other questions visit EnduraFlap.com or call 805-781-7700 Monday-Friday 7am-4:30pm PT
Getting Started: Some pets will take longer than others to acclimate to their new door, so patience is key! Never push or shove your pet through the door (this will only develop negative feelings). Instead, follow these training tips + tricks to help introduce your pet to the door gradually.
Limit training sessionsto no more than 10 minutes at a time. Two well spaced out sessions per day should be the maximum.
Hold the flap all the way open for your pet at first; then a little less each subsequent time so your pet learns to push through on their own. Stay consistent with verbal encouragement and treats for best results.
Teaching Your Cat to Use Their Door
Step One: Introduce your cat to the door by putting your hand through it so they know how it works. Have them inspect the new cat flap to get used to the look and smell (this is a great time to program your cat’s microchip!).
Tip: You can wipe your cat’s face or body with a cloth and wipe the door with the same cloth to give it a more familiar scent.
Step Two: Some cat doors make a slight clicking noise when opening and closing which can scare timid cats. Try manually opening and shutting the flap slowly to familiarize your cat with this noise.
Step Three: Get your kitty’s favorite treats or toy ready! Start by using a treat to encourage your cat through while holding the flap open for them. Once they are comfortable, start lowering the flap on them as they walk through for their treat.
Tip: Be sure to train your cat using the actual door height - meaning raise the door enough so it resembles how high it will be once installed.
Tip:If you have a door with non-removable magnets,putting some painter's tape over the magnets can help decrease the magnet attraction strength temporarily for training purposes.
Step Four: Always make sure to reward your cat with praise (and maybe another treat) when they pass through the door. Remember: training can take a considerable amount of time. There is no standard practice as every cat is unique.
- For especially timid cats, temporarily tape it up out of the way while they get used to the idea of walking through the tunnel.
- Clear flaps may confuse pets as they might think the flap is a window. Try putting a piece of masking tape on the clear flap to distinguish it from a window and reinforce to your pet its use as a door.
- Magnetic and weighted flaps have additional weight which may be difficult for your pet to push through. Fix this problem by gently pushing the door to assist your pet as they go through or removing the magnet until your pet gets used to the full weight of the door on their own.
- If you plan on installing more than one pet door, use the same flap if possible for consistency.
- Electronic flaps make a small clicking noise when the flap is activated that may frighten timid pets. The best way to remedy this problem is to positively reinforce this sound in your pet’s mind.
- Praise your pet when they come near the door and hear the activation noise.
- If this does not work, disable the electronics with training mode and have your pet use the door manually for a week or so while getting acquainted with the door.
- Consistency is key! Stay consistent both in your training methods and your choice of pet doors. If you have multiple pets the first to learn will often demonstrate for the others!
- When your first lock the flap shut, introduce your pet slowly rather than letting them “learn the hard way” by running into it.
How to Measure Your Sash Window for a Pet Door
What 3 things do I have to know/measure when choosing a pet door for sash window?
Track width, Height you can raise the window, How wide the window is from left to right.
What is the difference between this door and the High Tech Power Pet Electronic Pet Door?
The High Tech pet electronic door does not have a directional sensing system that can detect your cat's microchip. Instead, the automatic dog door can sense the ultrasonic collar key that your pet is wearing. It also has a rechargeable battery that you can buy specifically for High Tech Pet Products. And finally, the High Tech power pet door is made for small to large dogs, which means that it is too big to be installed into a sash window track.
Can my dog and cat share this pet door?
Some pet owners have found that a small dog can fit through a large cat flap. However, this flap door is made to fit cats. This electronic pet door's microchip detecting abilities will not work as well on dogs since their microchips are often implanted on a different part of the body. Most likely, you will need to invest in separate dog and cat doors.
Is this door insulated?
This Thermo panel is manufactured by Endura Flap pet products, which specializes in waterproof, airtight, and high energy-efficiency designs.
What is a good electronic dog door for wall installations?
One of the best electronic dog doors for wall entries is the Petsafe Smart Door for Walls. This doggie door uses a RFID smart key dog collar attachment to open and close the door. While it does not have 4-way access control, the Petsafe Electronic Smartdoor is one of the few automatic doors for walls made for dogs.