|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Outside|
|Pet Door||7" x 7"||7 7/8"w x 8 13/16"h||10 1/4"w x 11" h||08SFpd|
The SureFlap Pet Door works with all identification microchips worldwide and SureFlap RFID collar tags.
SureFlap Microchip Pet Door
The largest microchip pet door available, this pet door has a generous 7”x7” flap size to fit even large cats and small dogs. Control who enters your home, and prevent other critters from coming inside including those smart raccoons. This pet door also has a timer functionality so you can keep your pets indoors at certain times of the day, like bedtime! The SureFlap Pet Door works with all identification microchips worldwide and SureFlap RFID collar tags. It will work with any microchip, but for peace of mind, you can email us with your chip number or chat us or call us, and we can verify the chip's compatibility for you.
Features of the Microchip Pet Door
- Flap is clear, rigid plastic that is surrounded with fuzzy weather stripping to prevent drafts.
- Installs in doors 0-2 ¾” thick. For metal skin doors, security doors, metal garage doors, and UPVC coated metal doors we recommend purchasing this mounting adapter to prevent interference.
- The pet door scans your pet’s embedded microchip used for identification to unlock only when they are present. If your pet is not yet microchipped, you can use the included collar key until you make the trip to the vet!
- Simple controls allow you to take advantage of standard 4-way locking settings: locked, unlocked, in-only and out-only.
- Curfew mode allows you to set the pet door to lock and unlock at certain times of day, for example in order to keep your pet indoors at night.
- Raccoon mode* can be activated to engage an additional locking mechanism when the pet door is faced with an intruder animal to make it harder for them to enter.
- If you wish to use this pet door as a normal manual flap, without entry control, you can set it up to function without the microchip or collar key. Doing this is also helpful for timid animals when they are learning to use the pet door, as the electronics do make a slight noise when unlocking.
- Powered by 4 C batteries, which can last about 6 months depending upon usage. A low battery indicator light will blink red when the batteries need to be changed. If power is lost, the pet door will revert to the locked position, potentially locking any pets outside. So make sure that you change them as soon as possible!
- You can program up to 32 different pets.
- 3 year warranty with excellent technical support.
Reasons to Choose a Microchip Door
- If you have critters outside that you want to prevent from following your dog or cat indoors, the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door will get the job done. Any animal will be able to exit through the pet door, but only those you’ve programmed into the pet door will be able to enter!
- Electronic pet doors are perfect for windy areas, because once in closed position the wind will not be able to blow the flap open.
- Using a microchip as the access key is perfect for pets that lose collars or simply refuse to wear them.
- Having a larger flap than typical microchip doors allows for use by even the biggest cats and small dogs.
*RACCOON MODE: When custom mode 5 has been activated, as soon as the sensors detect an animal’s head in the tunnel of the product, it scans to read the animal’s chip. If the animal is not one whose identity is stored in the door’s memory, the two locks on the exterior of the door are activated for added security. At this point the unit will keep scanning for a microchip and the exterior locks will remain engaged until approximately 10 seconds after the intruder animal has moved away from the door. When the exterior locks are engaged it makes it impossible for the raccoon to open the door towards them in order to get in. The interior locks prevent the raccoon from pushing through the door into the house – the combination of the two sets of locks have proved impenetrable to raccoons in our product testing.
The only time that we would not recommend engaging this custom mode is if the pet tends to play with the flap by batting it away from them whilst sitting in the house. If the flap is batted far enough open into the tunnel that it triggers the sensors, the secondary locks would engage and when the flap closed the door would be locked in both directions for a period of 10 seconds or so. This makes the pet door raccoon resistant.
Q: How can I be sure that this will fit my pet?
A: We recommend that you measure your pet to see if they can fit in the 7” x 7” opening.
Q: How close does my pet have to be before the pet door registers the microchip or collar key?
A: When your pet’s head enters the tunnel, the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door will quickly read your pet’s microchip or tag, unlocking the pet door if recognized. The SureFlap will not open if your pets are wandering close to the pet door.
Q: Is this door available for medium/large dogs?
A: Unfortunately there are currently no microchip pet doors available for larger pets. The 7” x 7” flap opening is the largest microchip pet door currently in the market
Q: Does this work well in cold weather? Will rain be able to get in through the cracks?
A: This door should not be directly exposed to direct weather including rain or snow due to the sensitivity of the electronics. Otherwise, it will remain operational in cold weather.
Q: Where can I get the microchips for this? How do I place it in my pet?
A: All identification microchips will work with the SureFlap Pet Door. These are usually available for purchase and injection from your vet. 1 RFID collar key is included.
Q: Does this pet door come in a dual lock system?
A: No. Any animal will be allowed to leave but only recognized pets will be allowed to enter. It also includes a 4-way lock and curfew mode to customize how and when you want your pet door to be used.
Q: Will uninvited guests (Racoons, pests, other cats with a microchip) be able to enter through the pet door?
A: No, the SureFlap Pet Door will only unlock in the presence of recognized microchips or collar keys. Pests will not be able to enter through the cracks.
Q: Once the batteries die, do I need to reprogram the microchips? Will the door lock or unlock when this happens?
A: The pet door will remember the microchip whether there are batteries or not. When the batteries are failing, it will remain on the last lock setting and the microchip features will not work. A low battery indicator light will flash when the battery needs replacing. Generally the battery lasts between 6-12 months depending on use.
Q: How do I program the microchips?
A: You would set the pet door on “learn mode” which would release the locks. Allow your pet to pass through the pet door and stay there for a few seconds, once the lights stop flashing, the microchip or collar key has been learned. The microchip pet door will then operate as normal. If you have multiple pets, repeat this process for each pet.
Q: Can this be installed in a metal or glass door?
A: Yes, however, we recommend purchasing a mounting adapter to prevent any interference.
Q: Will this door open from the outside as well for a pet wearing a chip or collar key?
A: No. The SureFlap Pet Door will only read the signal from one direction. Any pet can leave, but access is controlled in terms of who can enter. For two way control, take a look at the SureFlap Dualscan.
Q: What is 'raccoon mode'?
A: Raccoon mode is an additional security method. When it is activated, sensors will detect an animal's head in the tunnel and scan to read for a chip. If the animal does not have a chip programmed to the door, two locks are activated. These exterior locks are engaged until 10 seconds after the intruder leaves. These locks prevent a raccoon from pushing through the door into the house.
Q: If my batteries die do I have to re-program the collar keys and microchips?
A: No, the chips and collar keys should still be programmed in the door's memory
Q: Are there any larger sizes for taller dogs?
A: Unfortunately, this is the largest microchip door size. For larger pets, they will have to wear a collar key.
Q: Will this tell me if my cat is inside or outside?
A: No, there is not function to let you know whether your pet is inside or outside.
Q: If I buy more than one door, do my pets have to wear multiple collar keys or chips to use them all?
A: No, you can program one collar key or chip to multiple doors and your pet will still be able to use each door. Each door can program up to 32 different pets.
Q: How quickly does the flap close after my cat goes through?
A: The flap will close as soon as your pet's body is through the door. The flap will swing shut and lock via tabs.
Q: Can I lock this so my pets can't go outside even with a chip or collar key?
A: Yes there are different modes you can customize to restrict access. There is also a curfew mode, preventing a cat or dog to exit during a time you set.
Q: Is there a security cover for this door?
A: There is no security cover for this as the different entry modes prohibit unwanted intruders. The tabs and weather stripping also keep the your home sealed from weather.
Q: How do I know if my cat has a microchip?
A: Your vet should be able to identify whether your cat has a chip embedded, as well as letting you know if that microchip works with this door.