High Tech Power Pet Automatic Patio Pet Door
High Tech Pet Products has created their line of Automatic Patio Pet Doors by combining their Power Pet Door with a specially fabricated Ideal Patio Panel. The result is that the advantages of the Power Pet Door may be enjoyed in a sliding glass door installation in addition to a regular door or wall installation. The flap will slide up when your pet approaches, eliminating the need for them to push through a flap and significantly reducing the possibility of something else getting inside.
Features of the High Tech Power Pet Automatic Patio Pet Door
- Spring-loaded patio panel insert allows quick and easy 'no tools' installation for both left and right sliding glass door installations.
- Motorized flap lifts for your pet quietly and safely when they are wearing a collar key.
- Directional sensor system reduces false signals and prevents door opening when pet isn't actually trying to use their pet door.
- MS-5 Digital Ultra-Sonic Collar Key is waterproof; one collar key is included and more collar keys can be purchased separately.
- Dual Sensors can be separately programmed for distance and also allow for "4-way" locking operation.
- Flap descends by gravity only and includes a safety retract system in case of an obstacle, so your pet won’t get stuck or hurt.
- Automatic dead-bolt locking system positively keeps out strays and other critters, including raccoons.
- Panel includes weather stripping, draft stopper, and dead bolt lock (will not mate with existing sliding lock).
- 1 year warranty.
- Plugged In: The pet door comes with a UL approved ac adapter. Plug the adapter into a nearby wall outlet for continuous operation; the pet door will accept the plug in on either side.
- Plugged In with Battery Backup: You may purchase an optional rechargeable battery for use along with your AC adaptor. If your household electricity should fail, the Power Pet Door will automatically switch over to battery operation. When power is restored, the AC adapter will automatically recharge the battery.
- Full Battery Operation: You may operate the Power Pet Door with battery only if an AC outlet isn't handy. However, you will need to recharge the battery periodically (recharge interval varies with use). In this case, it will be convenient to have the optional battery charger kit and a spare battery.
Note: These units are shipped “Signature Required”, allow 1 week for the factory to ship out this product.
Q: What locking mechanism can I use for the High Tech Power Pet patio panel?
A: The door comes with a pin lock you can install. Alternatively, you can purchase a Charley Bar for added security.
Q: If my dog takes too long coming through the door, will it continue to close and injure them?
A: No, the door has a built in safety feature that retracts the door if it senses an obstacle to closing.
Q: How big is the collar
A: The collar weighs less than one ounce, and measures approximately 1 inch by 1 inch by 1/2 inch.
Q: Does the door have a timer feature to set when my pet can use the door?
A: No. You can buy a timer at a local store, plug it into the wall and then plug the pet door cord into the timer.
Q: How long do the batteries in the collar typically last?
A: Depending upon use, approximately 3 months. There is a button you can push on the transmitter which you can push and a red light will shine. The brighter the light, the stronger the batteries.
Q: What happens if the electricity goes out and my dog is outside?
A: Your dog will be locked outside. A Battery Backup, with an optional rechargeable battery, can be purchased separately and is recommended if you live in an area with frequent power outages.
Q: I have more than one dog. How many collars ship with the door and are others available?
A: The new pet door ships with one collar and additional collars are available for purchase.
Q: Does anyone have concerns with intruders breaking in?
A: The panel moves up and down and does in sealed grooves for a tight closure. This design makes it extremely difficult for an intruder to kick it out. An automatic dead-bolt locking feature adds a higher level of security to your home. The result is a secure pet door against intruders.
Q: I don't want to install this in my sliding glass door. What other options do I have?
A: You can install in a wall with an optional wall kit or through a regular swinging people door.
Q: What kind of battery do I need to use in the door if I do not want to wire it up to electricity?
A: Full Battery Operation is available if a wall plug is not available. You will need to recharge the battery periodically (recharge interval varies with use) and it is recommended to have the optional battery charger kit and a spare battery.
Q: I want to let my dog out and keep my cat in. Is this door a good option?
A: The door will open and close when it senses your dog's collar. Even though your cat is not wearing a collar, it may follow your dog through the door. The door has 4-way locking mechanism (both in and out, in- only, out-only, and closed).