- Cat Patio Pet Door insert for vinyl sliding glass doors 1 1/2" - 1 3/4" wide
- Dual-pane, Low-e glass provides high insulation
- Sliding glass door pet door insert locks to the frame Large cat flap suits cats of all sizes and small dogs
- Available in "off-white" only
The Ideal VIP 150 Large sliding glass pet door insert is an energy-efficient, vinyl pet door for sliding glass doors designed specifically for vinyl doors with larger tracks. Pre-installed with a large, 7 ½" x 10 ½" flap, so even the biggest of kitties are able to easily fit through this sliding door insert cat flap. One of the most distinguishing features of the VIP sliding glass door insert is the ability to lock with your existing doors. Unlike other sliding glass door panels, the VIP cat door insert comes with locking catches that match up with your existing lock, providing the security you need.
- Track height adjustment ranges:
- Regular: 76 3/4" to 78 1/2"
- Tall: 92 3/4" to 94 1/2"
- A height extension piece is available to add 2" to either of the listed height ranges. Only purchase one to ensure that stability is not compromised.
- Fits tracks 1 1/2" - 1 3/4" wide
- Designed for severe, four-season climates
- Engineered with dual-pane, Low-e glass for improved insulation value
- Vinyl framing has a higher insulation value than traditional aluminum frames
- Utilizes original sliding glass door lock (see installation instructions to confirm that your sliding glass door lock will work with the locking catches)
- Clear, rigid flap is lined with brush weatherstripping
- Draft stopper included to seal any gaps
- Energy-efficient door prevents heating and cooling loss
- Accommodates cats of all sizes and small dogs
- Vinyl frame matches the design of your original sliding glass door frame. Ideal carries other panels for vinyl sliding glass doors, and Endura Flap makes this sliding glass dog door
- Sturdy and long-lasting
- Pets have the freedom to access the outdoors when they please
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||StepOver||OverallWidth||RecommendedPet Height*|
|Large Cat Flap||7 1⁄2" w x 10 1⁄2" h||4"||12 3⁄8"||12" – 13 1⁄2"|
*measured from the ground to the tallest point of their back
The recommended pet width is generally 1 – 2" added to the width of the flap.
Still don't know which flap size to get? Here is a measurement guide to help you out.
Height Adjustment Ranges
- Regular: 76 3⁄4" – 78 1⁄2"
- Regular + Ht Ext: 78 3⁄4" – 80 1⁄2"
- Tall: 92 3⁄4" – 94 1⁄2"
- Tall + Ht Ext: 94 3⁄4" – 96 3⁄4"
Does the flap seal well?
The cat flap does have a magnet to help keep it sealed. However, if you want a dual-pane cat door with a flap that offered more wind resistance, the Endura Flap Vinyl Sliding Glass Dog Door would be the one to go with.
How to Measure Your Sliding Glass Door for a Pet Door
One Year Warranty And Disclaimer
Step 1: Remove the existing lock catch plate from your sliding door frame, as it will interfere with your new pet door.
Please Note: Your new pet door comes with two (top and bottom) mounting hangers attached. Please leave these hangers in place.
Step 2: Carefully remove the "H" Top Section from the top of the door. Place your pet door in position as shown. Make sure that the bottom hanger on the door is interlocked with the hanger on the frame.
Step 3: With the pet door in place, mark a pencil line to correspond with the top of the door on the edge of the frame. Remove the pet door panel. Measure down 5 ¼” and make a new pencil line, transferring the line down to the inside of the frame. This new line indicates the bottom edge of the "Top" Hanger. Place the top Hanger in frame and line up the bottom edge with the pencil line. Using the screws provided in Poly Bag #1, attach the hanger to the frame, keeping it centered on the frame.
Step 4: Place the two track fillers underneath the door. Re-hang the IDeal VIP pet door. The fit should now be snug to keep the pet door from moving in the track.
Step 5: Slide the "H" Section onto the top of the door over the springs. A gap of ¼” must be left at the sliding door-side area of the filler section to clear the door seal extrusion pieces.
Height adjustments to the "H" section may be made by cutting along the desired groove with a utility knife.
Please Note: Some doors may require adjustment to the "H" section. You may need to cut it to the required length with a hacksaw.
Step 6: After the "H" Top Section is in place, secure it in the door using two (3⁄16" x 5⁄8") screws provided in Poly Bag #2. Place the screws well away from the glass.
Please Note: This step is optional but will add structural stability and security.