- Sliding glass dog door for pets of all sizes
- Dual-pane glass and double flaps provide the ultimate energy efficiency
- Locking bar included for security
- Custom-made to fit sliding glass door track heights up to 82"
- No drilling required for installation
- An email will be sent to you requesting additional information for your order; it will take 3-4 weeks to make this custom order
The Hale Sliding Glass Door Pet Door is designed for high energy efficiency and insulation. Featuring dual-pane glass and vinyl double flaps, this sliding glass doggy door installation is ideal for areas with severe climates. Unlike many other sliding glass dog doors, the Hale model has a slender outer frame to allow more space for people using the slider. Both you and your pet will be satisfied with the versatility and durability of this panel pet door.
- Heavy duty extruded aluminum framing for durability.
- Fits in sliding glass door track heights up to 82".
- Track width must be at least 1" thick.
- Dual-pane glass and vinyl double flaps, instead of a single flap, combat extreme weather and ensure energy efficiency.
- Clear & flexible vinyl flaps are easy for pets to use and see-through.
- Available in 4 colors (White, Arizona Beige, Bronze & Brushed Aluminum) to match seamlessly with the rest of your sliding glass door.
- Hale door installs using pressure-exerting nut and bolt assembly. No drilling is required for installer.
- 1/4" thick King Starboard polymer security cover included in the frame color you select.
- Locking bar included for security.
- Narrow frame reduces the amount of space lost in the sliding glass door track.
- Lightweight flaps make it easy for pets of differing sizes to share a larger size.
- Highly insulating features keeps out the heat and cold.
- Large range of flap sizes accommodates the biggest and smallest of pets.
- These pet doors are custom-made, returns are allowed a 50% credit toward the purchase of a different Hale pet door. Please double check that you've provided the correct measurements prior to confirming your purchase.
- You will be emailed a form to fill out with all of your custom dimension information.
- Please provide the overall height of the slider in the drop-down menu. This is the measurement from the deepest point in the bottom track, up to the start of the top track. Do not go all the way into the top track (See the diagram below).
- Please provide the "G" measurement (the overall width of the track from the trailing edge of the sliding glass door to the jamb of the stationary side when the slider is closed) in the drop-down menu.
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Step-Over||Overall Panel Width||RecommendedPet Height*|
|Small||5 1/2" w x 7 1/2" h||1"||9 1⁄4"||3"-7 1/2"|
|Small Medium||6 1/2" w x 9 1/2" h||1"||10 1⁄4"||3"-9 1/2"|
|Medium||8 1/2" w x 12 1/2" h||1"||12 1⁄4"||3"-12 1/2"|
|Tall Medium||8 1/2" w x 16" h||1" or 5"||12 1⁄4"||3"-16" (1") or 15"-20" (5")|
|Large||11" w x 16" h||1" or 5"||14 3⁄4"||3"-16" (1") or 15"-20" (5")|
|Tall Large||11" w x 19 1/2" h||1" or 5"||14 3⁄4"||3"-19 1/2" (1") or 15"-23 1/2" (5")|
|Tall Large Plus||11" w x 23 1/2"||1" or 5"||14 3⁄4"||3"-23 1/2" (1") or 15"-27 1/2" (5")|
|Extra Tall Large||11" w x 27 1/2" h||1" or 5"||14 3⁄4"||3"-27 1/2" (1") or 15"-31 1/2" (5")|
|Extra Large||14" w x 19 1/2" h||1" or 5"||17 3⁄4"||3"-27 1/2" (1") or 15"-31 1/2" (5")|
|Extra Large Plus||14" w x 23 1/2" h||1" or 5"||17 3⁄4"||3"-23 1/2" (1") or 15"-27 1/2" (5")|
|Giant||15 1/2" w x 27 1/2" h||1" or 5"||19 1⁄4"||3"-23 1/2" (1") or 15"-27 1/2" (5")|
*measured from the ground to the tallest point of their back
Height adjustment range is up to 82” maximum. You can estimate the width of the panel by adding 4” to the flap width.
The step over is the height between the bottom of the flap and the base of the pet door. We suggest that the ‘flap height’ + ‘rise’ equals the pet’s shoulder height.
The recommended pet width is generally 1-2" added to the width of the flap.
Still don't know which flap size to get? Here is a measurement guide to help you out.
Adjustment Range up to 82" maximum
You can estimate the width of the panel by adding 4" to your desired flap width.
1 Step Over is the height of the flap above the base of the pet door. We suggest that 'flap height' + 'rise' should about equal pet shoulder height. These dimensions are approximate within 1/2".
2 The overall width is equal to flap width plus 4".
The Bronze is on back order and they expect that color to be back in stock and ready for production around the middle of July.
Hale Pet Door 5 Year Limited No Fault Warranty
All parts—including flaps—and labor.
Thank you for doing business with Hale Pet Door™. We are sure you will receive years of excellent service with your purchase. If the product does not meet your expectations, please contact our office for return authorization and return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund of the purchase price. Be sure to pack the product well as we can only give 50% credit for a damaged pet door.
HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. guarantees and warrants, subject to the conditions and restrictions stated below, that the Hale Pet Door™ products and component parts thereof, purchased from HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. shall be free from any defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty period for all Hale Pet Door™ model pet doors is effective from the date of purchase and extends to the anniversary date marking the end of the fifth year. We agree to exchange or repair at our expense, F.O.B. our plant or warehouse any unit found to be defective in workmanship and/or material, subject to plant inspection. (See notes A and B below).
1st year – 100% of all parts and labor; 2nd year – 50% of all parts and labor; 3rd year – 40% of all parts and labor; 4th year – 30% of all parts and labor; 5th year – 20% of all parts and labor.
This warranty does not include shipping to HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. or any field service labor unless the product was installed by Hale Pet Door™.
A-Glass Breakage: We use fully tempered glass of the greatest quality and strength available for each application. It also meets or exceeds all safety glazing laws and codes in the United States. Even tempered glass will break on occasion, but it is very rare. When there is a breakage of glass for whatever reason, within the FIRST YEAR, we will replace the unit for 50% of the current total price. There is no warranty on the glass after the first year.
B-Parts Damaged by Misuse or Neglect: HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. will pay 20% of the cost of the current list price of parts and labor. No reimbursement shall be greater than the price of the replacement part.
C-Omni Oversize Panels: This application is not recommended. Therefore, we will only warranty 50% of the cost of the panel for the first year. However, the pet door itself is covered per our standard warranty.
HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. will credit 50% towards the cost of a replacement Hale Pet Door™ that was damaged due to mis-cutting, mismeasuring, or any other damage due to no fault of HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. will not accept any responsibility beyond 50% if the damage is due to no fault of HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. HSPD Manufacturing, Inc. reserves the right to inspect any and all products before honoring any claim.
Please read these instructions carefully and completely before attempting to install Hale Pet Doors; they will guide you through the steps and precautions needed for an Omni panel installation. Illustrations and pictures have been added to help you understand various instructions. Hale Pet Doors are designed for ease of installation and are ideal for most sliding patio doors. Do not make any cuts or modifications to the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert. This may invalidate the warranty.
A SAFETY REMINDER!
Always wear eye protection and gloves when appropriate.
Step 1: Before installation, be sure that you have the proper size pet door for your pet. If in doubt, larger is better. It may be harmful for your pet to use a pet door that is too small.
Step 2: Take a brief look at the large illustrations of the Omni panel at the bottom of this page and figure 1 on the next page and become familiar with the various components of this pet door model. This will not only help in understanding the terms used in these instructions, but it can be very useful should you need to call for technical support.
Step 3: Check the package you received to make sure it contains all the necessary parts.
Complete Kit includes:
Hale Omni Panel™ Insert
Omni Panel Extension
Starboard® or Lexan® Security Cover
Two strips of gray pile weather-stripping
Thermal Bond rubber seal
Step 4: The sliding glass doors will overlap once the installation is complete. Before you begin installation, clean this area of glass as it will be difficult to reach later. (Figure 5)
Step 5: Determine with the customer on which side of their patio door they want to install the Omni Panel. The stationary side is preferred, but the sliding side is slightly easier.
NOTE: If decided on the stationary side, there are usually some screws on the inside securing the stationary panel to the door jamb. (Figure 3) There may also be securing brackets on the outside of the stationary panel. (Figure 4)
Step 6: Remove the securing screws and brackets, and slide the stationary panel over.
Step 7: Unroll the strips of fuzzy gray pile weather- stripping and feed them into the channel running the length of the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert. There is a channel on both sides of the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert. Apply the pile weather-stripping to both sides. Start at the bottom of the OMNI and push the end of the pile weather-stripping into the channel. Gently push up to feed the entire roll into the channel. You may want to tug gently with a pair of needle-nosed pliers. The weather-stripping will fill the entire channel except for about 4" at the top. If you are going to use the OMNI extension (see step 8), you need to leave the pile weather-stripping off that side. There is also a packet of Thermo Bond rubber seal weather-stripping that goes at the top of the channel. These are to cover the adjusting screws.(Figure 2 C)
Step 8: Set the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert into the door track. If the track is deep enough to interfere with the pet door frame, see the supplemental instructions titled “using the OMNI extension”.
Step 9: With your hand, push the “U” channel (Figure 2 E) up securely into the top of the track (Figure 2 Door Channel). Pull the sliding plate (Figure 2 B) down to expose the adjusting nuts. (Figure 2 A)
Step 10: Tighten the adjusting nuts with your fingers. Slide the stationary panel over tight against the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert (or close the sliding door if you are installing on the sliding side) and inspect for gaps. To close any gaps, the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert can be adjusted by tightening or loosening one adjusting nut. This should cause the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert to lean slightly one way or the other. Once you are satisfied with the insert placement, tighten the adjusting nuts with the wrench provided.
Step 11: Slide the stationary panel away from the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert so you can access the edge of the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert.
Step 12: Slide the short piece of fuzzy weather-stripping (Figure 2 D) up to expose the adjusting screws (Figure 2 C). There are adjusting screws on both edges of the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert, but you only need to deal with the screws on one edge. Do not worry about the screws on the inaccessible edge! Loosen both preset screws one or two full turns. Loosening them too much may cause the slide plates (Figure 2 B) to fall out. Push the slide plates up until they stop. Tighten the adjusting screws. Slide the short piece of fuzzy weather-stripping back down to cover the adjusting screws. There will be a gap above the fuzzy weather-stripping between the edge of the panel and the edge of the adjustment unit. Cover it with a piece of foam tape (included).
Step 13: Slide the stationary panel back up against the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert. You may wish to re-install any securing screws or brackets at this time. If you move the securing screws to a new location, BE VERY CAREFUL THAT YOU DO NOT HIT GLASS when screwing them in.
Step 14: You are now ready to install the 1 7/8" black vinyl weather-stripping to the back edge of the slider or the front edge of the stationary panel to seal the now-existing gap. (Figure 5) Cut the vinyl weather-stripping to the proper length with scissors. Peel the protective paper off the double sided tape and press firmly into position.
Step 15: You may wish to let your door set without the security cover in place for a few hours to avoid any sticking. The cover will slide easily into place in the built in frame and can be easily locked and unlocked with the positive action pin bolt lock. Remove the drop cloths and clean up the area.
Step 16: Clean the glass in the panel to remove any installation residue or fingerprints. If needed, you can also clean the flaps of the pet door with any standard ammonia free window cleaner. If you are installing the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert on the stationary side, you are done. If you are installing on the sliding side, proceed to the lock bar instructions below.
Installing the sliding lock bar
(CAUTION) Drilling holes for installing with screws may result in damaged or fractured glass.Hale Pet Door™ will not be responsible for damage resulting from the use of screws for installing the door lock. Hale Pet Door™ has provided a special double adhesive tape for holding the lock into position.
1. Choose an area approximately midway between the top and bottom of the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert. Clean the area inside the door channel and the back of the sliding door. Make sure the areas are dry. Measure from the bottom of the sliding door track and place a pencil mark in the vertical door channel. Repeat this step and mark the back edge of the sliding door. These marks are where you will install the sliding lock bar. (Figure 6)
2. Peel the protective paper from the double stick tape on the back of the sliding lock bar. Make sure the thumb release is aligned upwards and press the lock bar into the door channel. (Figure 7) Peel the paper off the back of the receiver and press it very firmly onto the back of the sliding door.
Using the OMNI Extension
1. An extension the length of your Hale Omni Panel™ Insert has been included in case the door channel is so deep that it interferes with the installation of the Hale Omni Panel™ Insert. The extension is attached to one edge of the OMNI™ when it is packaged. If the extension is not needed it will slide off. If the extension is on the wrong edge, slide it off and put it on the other edge. (Figure 8)
2. There are also two small pieces of Thermo Bond rubber seal weather-stripping included. These are for filling in any gap at the top of the extension. (Figure 8) Once you are satisfied with the extension, continue with step 5 of the main installation instructions.
How to Measure Your Sliding Glass Door for a Pet Door
What do I do if my track is thicker than the Hale Omni for sliding doors?
First, we recommend ensuring the panel is securely inserted, to minimize any movement. Additionally, if there is space between the panel and track and you are worried about movement, you can also place spacers to tighten that gap.
What kind of track does this need to be installed in?
Your track width has to be at least an inch thick in order for the panel to fit. This can also fit in Anderson and Pella units. While the frame is aluminum, it is still able to fit in a vinyl slider.
What side does the cover go on?
The dog door with security panel tracks goes on the inside of the house.
Does it matter if my slider is single pane or dual?
This insert can be placed in either kind of paned glass. The item itself is a dual pane to maximize energy efficiency.
How do I measure my track's height?
Using a tape measure, measure from the very bottom of your track up to the point where the track is flush at the top. You do not want to measure the inside of the top and bottom track. This would result in a panel being too tall. Please see the diagram in "Details" tab for more information.
How wide is this panel?
The overall panel door size width is going to be equal to the flap width plus 4 inches.
Does this have an adjustable top piece?
Yes, the top of the insert does retract to fit your slider's height, which contributes to a no-tools required installation.
How often will I need to replace the flaps?
That depends on weather exposure and usage. These flaps are high quality vinyl and require replacement depending on its environment. They do tend to last much longer under normal conditions than other off the shelf models.
How much does this weigh?
The weight of the quality product will depend on the track height and flap size you need. The largest size can weigh up to 80 or more pounds. We recommend having some assistance if needed when handling the item.
What color is the locking cover?
The color of your security door will match your pet door frame.
How long does it take to ship out?
Since this item is made to your custom specifications, please allow 3 weeks for manufacture plus 1-5 business days in transit. This item ships from the manufacturer in Colorado.